another WACO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trace1

I really hope that this situation doesn't end in a similar way but it wouldn't surprise me...

RC54730

GreatLakes said:
At least they were able to get the women and children out first!
The Waco thing was unbelievable. That Koresh guy used to go into town all the time - how hard would it have been to just wait and grab him when he was checking his P.O. box or whatever. I think it was more of an excuse for the feds and local law enforcement to play G.I. Joe than to just solve the problem without a staggering loss of life.

I actually drove by that place one day when I was driving through Waco on a road trip. It's really tragic to think about how many people lost their lives as a result of that nonsense.

bpckty1

So far, the most dangerous activity has been to get between the cameras and the scene. I hope it stays that way.

Taloniilm

The disaster at Waco was just another failed attempt of law enforcement at the hands of the bafoons , (Janet Reno) employed by the Clinton administration ...

RC54730

Taloniilm said:
The disaster at Waco was just another failed attempt of law enforcement at the hands of the bafoons , (Janet Reno) employed by the Clinton administration ...
Janet Reno - The world's first human/toad hybrid. Shudder.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346959,00.html

Just saw this story on fox news, sounds like the feds are preparing for a huge raid on their compound. Lets hope this one ends better.

For what its worth, the guys running this mormon sect dont share our modern view of "age of consent" I mean I have no problem with these guys wanting to worship however they want, but a line has to be drawn when their beliefs are in place to support the practice of having 8 wives each, and 7 of them are 14-16 years old. It wasnt acceptable when Joseph Smith had his face in a tophat, and it isnt acceptable now.

OZ_Redneck

The odd thing about this is that they've raided and confiscated the children without any proof of the allegations made by an anonymous person. They have confirmed that they don't know who called them claiming to be a 16 year old girl, or if she really exists at all.

That didn't stop CPS from taking all the kids, or the media from spinning things to make it look like it's some crazy cult. I think their biggest crime might be that the kids were being home schooled and not receiving their indoctrination from the media, TV and the education system.

I think the issue of child abuse and "rape" is being raised without any proof because they know that most people wont read beyond the headlines, they are more interested in American Idol or Paris Hilton than they are about what's really going on.

bpckty1

As far as the original comment about "another Waco", goes, it looks like both sides have learned much as to how to respond and react. I am now waiting for the lawyers to weigh in.

;^>

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
OZ_Redneck said:
The odd thing about this is that they've raided and confiscated the children without any proof of the allegations made by an anonymous person. They have confirmed that they don't know who called them claiming to be a 16 year old girl, or if she really exists at all.

That didn't stop CPS from taking all the kids, or the media from spinning things to make it look like it's some crazy cult. I think their biggest crime might be that the kids were being home schooled and not receiving their indoctrination from the media, TV and the education system.

I think the issue of child abuse and "rape" is being raised without any proof because they know that most people wont read beyond the headlines, they are more interested in American Idol or Paris Hilton than they are about what's really going on.

Heh, who knows. Its one of those "if they want to get you, they will get you" type things. I do accept that groups that choose to seperate themselves on religious grounds are unfairly targeted within our own society and borders. On one hand they want to expose kids to the idea that it is normal and liberating to have two mommies or two daddies, but backwards, illiegal, and dangerous to have one father and a few mothers.

Kind of like how there are no-tolerance substance abuse policies in public schools, so when they get caught with a few aspirin at school, they are expelled. Yet they are not allowed to be exposed to any heros except for the degenerate pill-popper celebs on TV who become elevated to world-attention for their idiotic behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.