Anouncement for October 15th Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0FPY

Twin Cities Radio Monitors Get Together – October 15, 2011 6:00 P.M.

Culver's of St. Paul, MN
2065 Old Hudson Road
St. Paul, MN 55119

Culver's of St. Paul, MN

The party room is reserved for us from 6:00 – 8:00 PM

There is wireless internet at Culver’s for your convenience.

Need help with your new scanner? This is the place to get help.

Bring radios, antennas, software, etc. to demo.

Bring items you might want to sell or trade. We are going to have a mini swap meet.

For more information e-mail: n0fpy@yahoo.com

N0FPY

Reminder Saturday 10/15/11

Remember to attend on Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

n0fpy

gway17

Thanks for putting this together. I won't be able to attend, but think this is a great idea. Hope there will be another one.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Thank you i had a great time. Enjoyed helping some people out. Looking forward to the next one.

mrhowes

I had a great time as well. Great to meet some of you again, as well getting to see some new faces. Below I have placed some links to various pieces software, and other info that I spoke with people about.

ARMER user manual. Great overview of the ARMER system, and how it works. Even talks about the radios used on the system, and as well some of the software used.
http://www.cmnradio.org/training/archive/800MHzTRAINING.pdf

ID Tracker - A nice software package used to monitor and log radio traffic, as well as control some Uniden and Radio Shack/GRE scanners. Also allows recording of radio traffic. Best of all it's free. Please note there are 3 different versions, based on the scanner you have. Find the newest version that works for your scanner. Each new version seems to be a major improvement from the previous version, adding functionality and interfacing with newer scanners.
Baton Rouge Area Scanning - ID Tracker

Freescan - Like ID Tracker, Freescan allows you monitor, log and record radio traffic, as well as control 11 Uniden Scanners (not for Radio Shack/GRE scanners). Freescan also allows you to program these 11 unidens scanners. Enables you to import information from Radio Reference (requires paid premium subscription to Radio Reference) into your scanner. This is what I personally use to quickly program my 396XT. To download, click on "Downloads" along the left side of the page. Like ID Tracker, this one is also free.
FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

Seeker 800-900MHz antenna. - Not the shortest antenna, but it does work great for me.
Radioware & Radio Bookstore - Seeker 800 MHz Duckie Antenna

GRE (Radio Shack) 800Mhz antenna. - Not sold in stores any longer, but can be purchased from Scannermaster.com. Many I have spoken with like this one. Shorter than the Seeker, and cheaper.
GRE 800 MHz Rubber Antenna

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything that I might have missed. I invite others to post links to areas of interest to our group.

Until next time folks.

Michael...

JonCinMN

I just want to say thanks for the help! My scanner works again! I'm the one with the programming issues and priority on...
I'm looking forward to the next meeting and hope to talk to a few more of you folks.

Jon in New Brighton (and Mike in Brooklyn Park)

N0FPY

Great get together & next date?

I want to thank everyone who attended our get together last night. It was goot to see some new faces and also good to see the regulars.

We talked about getting together again before the holidays. We are tenatively planning on a get together on November 17th. Details to follow soon as we get a location firmed up.

N0FPY

Last edited:

gway17

That ARMER manual is great, Thanks mrhowes !

Hope to make the next gathering.

Last edited:

jdstei2

Radioware & Radio Bookstore - Seeker 800 MHz Duckie Antenna[/url]

Michael...

Sounds like this antenna may be the answer I have been looking for. I have tried to order one but have found the vendor to be unresponsive. First no answer on the phone. Then no answer on the fax. Finally the fax went through but no answer from the vendor! Sounds like one guy working out of his basement - doesn't give one much confidence! Has anyone else had any experience with them?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.