Ansonia Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Ansonia Fire Department is now being dispatched (once again) by the Ansonia PD. The center will be referred to as "Station 1" and is only transmitting on 156.1875. It appears that 46.2000 is no longer hooked up.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Ansonia Signals can be found in HELL!

Thats where the good solid signals from Ansonia went. 39.98 was an awesome strong signal. They switched over to the 151.4 and the Police Signal sounds like crap. Now, tonight I hear the COPS tone out the Fire Dept. for a MVA with fluid spill. The signal was lousy and sounds filled with static. It was fading in and out. Almost like I was listening to some town miles away in the next county. I dont know whos idea it is to do this or who is the company that did the install for this town, but they did a lousy job. Unbelieveable. They were using their back up repeater tonight on the FD frequency according to the Police Dispatcher. Ansonia had very good signals on both PD/FD. Someone wanted change, and well, here it is. LOUSY JOB!
Will Ansonia be the next Shelton?

Manny

Cskib32087

Hmmm. Madison EMS left C-med for primary dispatch, Seymour Fire & EMS left C-med, Ansonia Fire left C-med, Ansonia Rescue had a meeting with North West to discuss moving dispatch, Shelton has had meetings with southwest C-med. Im told Oxford, Seymour & Clinton changed regions to get away from New Haven C-med.
Dosen't say much for New Haven C-med, But since they are stuck in 1990 i can understand the pull outs.

Cskib32087

The ansonia VHF systems were done by Utility Comunications. Not sure why they can't get the VHF to talk well. Middlebury, Southbury, Brookfield and Woodbury have put up VHF systems in the last year and they all sound great, Northeastern Comunications put up Southbury and woodbury, Not sure on Middlebury & Brookfield. New Canaan went from wide VHF to narrow VHF last year and they sound great! Oxford started out bad but is comming along ok now. So it can be done if you get the right people to do it

dkostrey

Ansonia sounded good until thunderstorms went through the area last weekend (or the weekend before, I don't remember - it was right after they went live on the high band). The lightning hits had PD,FD, and ambulance on emergency power. Hits happened around 7 pm, and radio repair was testing until after midnight that night. They (PD) haven't sounded good since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.