Ansonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkostrey

Ansonia operating on 151.4 this morning (10:00 am). At 10:40 am heard unit operating from the booking room inside of Target. Calling in signal reports from all around the store.

dkostrey

10:49 - They'r done in Target, going to start working their way up Main St.

Cskib32087

This morning I got up and Ansonias VHF was hopping with no traffic on the low band that i could tell. They might have made the switch. The cars sound good but the dispatcher is chopping her words and has a hum when she talks. I hope they didn't put the PD on a control station insted of phone lines, but that would cause the delay.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Yes Sir!

Listening as I write this!
Dispatch and cars are on 151.4 DPL-226. There is still a lot of "testing,12345" type of stuff going on but I hear dispatch and cars talking. Its either a very quiet day or not much is being said. Anyone monitor the other VHF HI band freqs that were supposed to be in use? I forget what they were.

Manny

Last edited:

dkostrey

I heard them using 151.400 last night, but they were having some issues. They were heard calling in radio repair around 9:30 pm.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
something is wrong!

I monitored BOTH 39.98 and 151.400 for almost 1 hour straight. No activity. Ansonia is a busy town. I cant imagine that an entire hour has gone by and no activity what so ever. Not one word. They must be using some other frq. or something. This is not like them.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Ansonia does a lot over the MDTs so that is probably one of the reasons ther was no radio traffic. Yes Ansonia is a busy town but it is not rare that the PD is silent over 39.98 of the new channel for a good time period. It depends on the time of day.

pro961

All low band equipment is removed from Ansonia. They are on the new vhf freq.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if they are using just the one freq.? I remember there were a few on the vhf that were possibles.

Manny

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
All low band equipment is removed from Ansonia. They are on the new vhf freq.

I take it that the equipment went to the dealer as like a trade in? I used to love it when departments offered their old gear at auction. CSP's old radios actually were getting sold out of the state store at wethersfield DMV till it changed over to private. Man do I miss those days :(

Joe

N1GTL

Database Admin
I take it that the equipment went to the dealer as like a trade in? I used to love it when departments offered their old gear at auction. CSP's old radios actually were getting sold out of the state store at wethersfield DMV till it changed over to private. Man do I miss those days :(

Joe

The old gear is at Utility Comm (I work there). Radios cannot be brought up to 6 meter ham band. They are too far down the scale. Same for the 8 foot tall duplexer sitting in our garage.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I kew it, I just Knew it!

I knew it!
Last night I heard a supervisor tell an ofc. to switch to "TAC-2" Tactical Channel 2 he repeated. The ofc. replied 10-4 and all went silent. They are using other frequencies. Now to find out which ones.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I did a license search on the FCC data base and here they are.

151.4000 is the repeater out.
155.9175 is the repeater in (unconfirmed but by the number of mobile units and watt output its a very good guess that this is the in)
Other frequencies are 154.845, 155.1450 and 154.8375 all having a low watt transmission allowance. I'm in town and Will be listening to these over the next few days.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Still not right!

Hows it been sounding the last couple of days?

Well, I'll tell you what, the clarity of the signal is great. The audio output is an issue! From a monitoring standpoint, you have to crank the receiver volume almost all the way up just to barely hear audio. That should not be. Something is wrong in the audio going out on the output of the repeater.

Manny

MarkB513

Narrow High Band Audio

Well, I'll tell you what, the clarity of the signal is great. The audio output is an issue! From a monitoring standpoint, you have to crank the receiver volume almost all the way up just to barely hear audio. That should not be. Something is wrong in the audio going out on the output of the repeater.

Manny

That's the case it seems with almost every narrow high band frequency.
Try listening to Southbury fire or Newtown fire/police for example...

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
That's the case it seems with almost every narrow high band frequency.
Try listening to Southbury fire or Newtown fire/police for example...[/QUOTE

I see what you mean. Seymour is doing the same thing but still better audio than Ansonia. Not for Anything but their 39.98 signal was AWESOME. I guess we're stuck with what we have.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Its got to be something with the new radios / transmitters that are being produced with the new split. They all sound horrible. Our FD radio was like that for a awhile and so was Seymour's FD, EMS & PD. The radio repair guys still have to adjust it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.