Antenna adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb119

I recently installed a dish cone antenna from radio shack for my scanner. Does anybody know how much to trim off the antenna to pick uo good reception for the 500mhz band. I pick up close channels but I can not pick up signals a little further away. I know they are not to far because I can pick them up with a magnetic antenna on my truck in the driveway. Thanks

k8mcn

jfb119 said:
I recently installed a dish cone antenna from radio shack for my scanner. Does anybody know how much to trim off the antenna to pick uo good reception for the 500mhz band. I pick up close channels but I can not pick up signals a little further away. I know they are not to far because I can pick them up with a magnetic antenna on my truck in the driveway. Thanks
About the only way i can think of would be to hook up an antenna analyzer, and trim the vertical element down to the 500MHZ range, but no more than it is off now, probably trimmed close the 148MHZ I kinda doubt you would get much bang for your buck........IMHO Good Luck
How high is the antenna? How far away is the 500mhz station you are trying to monitor? What are you feeding the antenna with?

Status
Not open for further replies.