Antenna For BC245xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I have read, and read and read looking for a decent antenna for my scanner. I mainly need it for the 150, 460 and low band frequencies as there is no 800 in my area for police or fire. I pick up our 151 frequency really nice with the stock antenna but the county to the north uses all three bands and want to pick them up better. I get it sometimes but its hit or miss. I was thinking of going radio shack mag mount and build a window sill mount out of some stainless I have. Obviously it will not stick due to stainless but I want the mount to last a little while. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Chad
HALLSTEAD VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY - STATION 7 - HALLSTEAD PA

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A mag mount will certainly stick to stainless steel - that should be no problem. But a much better solution, if you can swing it, is an outdoor antenna mounted nice and high, if we're talking a fixed antenna. Are you looking for a mobile or better duckie? 73 Mike

Well what I dont want is one of those 100" antenna's outside. I was thinking of mounting that mag mount outside on the window sill since I'm on the second floor. It would be approx. 20 feet in the air. I guess I'm looking for the best I can get without getting one of those big antennas. Which is my better route? Since the mag mount and the better rubber ducky ones I've found are around the same price which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.