antenna for bcd325p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevincaughey

Can anyone recommend a good replacement antenna for BCD325. I'm not picking up a good signal and believe I need something stronger than the factory antenna.

Thanks

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone recommend a good replacement antenna for BCD325.

Depends on what you are trying to listen to. For VHF and UHF, many people recommend the RH77CA:

For 800 MHz, the Remtronix 800B is the most common choice:

(No endorsement of either retailer is implied.)

This assumes you will be using your scanner as a hand-held, not sitting somewhere permanently.

Note that the RH77CA is 15" long; if you are looking for something shorter the 800B still does better than the stock antenna on VHF and UHF.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Making an ideal recommendation depends on the band(s) you primarily monitor. If you are looking for a telescopic solution, I highly recommend the Comet W100RX. It has a handy guide on the side of it to expand or collapse elements based on the band you are monitoring. I also like the elbow joints which allow the antenna to fold along side the radio if you want to store it in your pocket or a bag without worrying about the antenna protruding out. Robust antenna, well thought-out design

wbswetnam

I use a Diamond RC77CA antenna. It is bayonet mount male, and designed for 2 meter / 70 cm amateur use but works well for VHF and UHF. I have good luck with it on 800 MHz as well

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I use a Diamond RC77CA antenna. It is bayonet mount male, and designed for 2 meter / 70 cm amateur use but works well for VHF and UHF. I have good luck with it on 800 MHz as well
I also use the RH-77CA and it works great for a lot of bands. If you want o listen to a bunch of different bands at the same time, this is a good antenna for tht application.

Status
Not open for further replies.