Antenna For FT-2900R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sccafire

I have an 07 Dodge Ram. I was thinking of doing a roof mount antenna. Something along the lines of what you see on emergency vehicles (short antenna.) Does anybody know of what type of antenna I would need.

Somebody told me I could mount a regular size antenna under the lip of the bed of the truck behind the cab. That seems to be a bad spot for rx and tx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have an 07 Dodge Ram. I was thinking of doing a roof mount antenna. Something along the lines of what you see on emergency vehicles (short antenna.) Does anybody know of what type of antenna I would need.

Somebody told me I could mount a regular size antenna under the lip of the bed of the truck behind the cab. That seems to be a bad spot for rx and tx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

There a couple of different ways to mount an antenna on your roof, i would recomend a NMO 1/4 wave, if you are looking for a shorter antenna, over all length is about 19 inches in the 144-148 range, you can also use a mag mount but of you are mounting the radio permamently then i say dill the hole for a NMO mount, if you need better range then a Laren NMO150B 5/8 wave. Although the element is much much longer than a quarter wave. ultimately what works for you is the best choice. And the roof is a far better place to mount the antenna than the lip of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.