Antenna for SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzebra007

Hi - Looking for a good aftermarket antenna for a Uniden SDS100. I have heard good things about the Remtronix, however it appears they have two different models. Any ideas what the difference is (REM 810S & REM 820S). Any other suggestions?

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

Premium Subscriber
Also, mind you that the Remtronix 810/820 are for the 700-900 MHz frequency range. I have one on my SDS100 and it is a great antenna.
I also have Diamond SRH77CA for when I want to listen to things outside the 800 ish range, as its much more wide banded.

So maybe depends on what you're primarily wanting to listen to.

WB9YBM

antenna location is definitely part of the equation, also: a good antenna in a bad location versus a bad antenna in a good location work about the same. Ancient proverb: "Height is might" as far as getting the antenna above the "ground clutter" plus paying attention to the quality of the feedline (especially on longer runs).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Best antenna depends on what you listen to most. What systems / frequencies do you currently monitor?

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
I haven't really used the stock antenna, since my SDS100 also included a Remtronics 820S. A lot of times, I don't even connect the truck antenna to it because that little antenna receives so well. But most of our stuff around here is 700/800, not much left on VHF anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.