Antenna Help for SDR of WSP North Marysville

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I was just pointing out the info available

RR did use to say the system was phase one. I did notice fairly recently it now shows it as a phase 2 system. I don’t know when they made the change on RR. I am still able to receive the WSP on my 396 phase 1 scanner. Maybe it is a mix ? Switching to phase 2?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I'd just appreciate solid info and maybe some advice, but seems not....

Like I said, I got the RTLs, I just haven't devoted the time to it for P25 II, other than the basic research (the OP25 and Fastlane). It looks like SDRTrunk will do it, I'll have to spend some time figuring this all out - myself....

And here I thought the forums were to help one another...... not get attitude (from certain people).

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
It looks like SDRTrunk will do it, I'll have to spend some time figuring this all out - myself....
SDR trunk version 5.0 Alpha works well with phase 2, 700 MHz WSP, so does SDR fast lane. I prefer SDR trunk, it has an easier interface, I use two RTL dongles, on King Lake site 774.05625 seems to be the CC used all the time. It does drop out every now and then, but I am using two rubber duckies as my antennas.
I just put in the JIWN in SDR trunk, Marysville site CC 168.9125, It is receiving it in a phase 1.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
As an aside, it's hilarious to me that the VHF radio system in question hasn't been IWN or "JIWN" in years. It was renamed SLMR.

ww7ch

Feed Provider
I wouldn't recommend the amplified units. Go with the passive. They're a lot more stable. It does depend on your location but more than likely the amp will just cause a lot of problems.

The MCA204M is a unity gain multicoupler and works great, never had any issues. Never seen it unstable, but it's not really an amplifier (as opposed to an LNA).
The same manufacturer also makes a 2-port passive multicoupler, I use one in the car to bring 2 antennas to one receiver and it works great.
I agree about drop amps (and the like) generally being unstable, not worth it.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
JIWN is indeed P1....
OK, I actually paid attention today to my 2 100's and 200's digital status after this was brought to my attention.

Of course 700 is P25 P2 (I see the P25P2).

And yes, (Gold anyway) on JIWN is sho'nuff P25 P1.
Either it (the system) is a mix of P1 and P2, or I stand corrected and it is P1 and RR is indeed incorrect.
Unfortunately, I seem to be in an area where Gold is basically the only site I hear, so I can't say what other sites are doing.
And.... I need to get those RTLs up and running (P2), so I can actually see what is going on.....

That crow tastes a lot like chicken......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.