Antenna ID?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The antenna in your pic has female threads on the inside. The pic the OP posted does not have any threads.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
The antenna in your pic has female threads on the inside. The pic the OP posted does not have any threads.
Those threads are on a cylinder about an inch in diameter, they just connect the antenna to the radio itself.

Thanks
Joel

prcguy

RT1319AntConb.jpg

Although the radio end has the bayonets, the actual antenna doesn't have anything for them to latch on to, this is from the PRC68 web site. The actual antenna was held in contact with the big old screw on part.

The radio that I dealt with and made an extension cable and mast for, required the use of a BNC "bullet, with the part that connected to the antenna having its bayonet lugs filed off.

Maybe PRCGUY could help with this if he actually has one available.

Thanks
Joel
The Donkey pud antenna shown here is pretty typical for modern VHF/UHF manpacks covering 116-174 and 225-400MHz and newer units covering roughly 108-450MHz. I have a drawer full of these antennas and they have a BNC RF interface but without the typical BNC bayonet lugs and instead a large diameter threaded collar. I have a commercially made adapter to N male for these antennas, otherwise they only fit the female chassis connector shown on the the radio above next to the antenna.

There are two sizes of the threaded collar, the one pictured above for the VHF/UHF antenna and also UHF only on some older satcom radios and a smaller diameter thread used on some HF and VHF lo rigs like the PRC-138/PRC-150 HF/VHF manpack and the VHF lo SINCGARS radios.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
We got lots of these things, black ones, green ones, a tilting version for the PSC-5, etc. The rare N adapter is on the tilting version.

View attachment 138600
Thanks for the clarification... Our PRC-113s also came with two other antennas, one short and kind of thin one about 6" long for UHF only, and a longer thin one about 16" long, for VHF only.