Antenna location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
I use 2 Radio Shack 20-043 discone antennas. Both are mounted 15 feet high. I need to move 1 and the best place for a sturdy mount will put it at the same height and 10 feet away from the other. Is it going to cause any signal problems with the antennas being that close to each other?

Also, the new location will put it about 6 feet above the edge of my ( /\ ) tin roof. This antenna is mainly used for 800 MHz digital trunk system. I've read the tin roof/chimney mounting threads and it looks like it should be alright. Yes/No? Thanks

K

kb0nly

Should be find with the distance since they are just receiving antennas. If you go with a chimney mount make sure the chimney is in good shape first. I have seen first hand what happens when you add a mast to a chimney that isn't strong enough.

Premium Subscriber
Ha, Thanks boss. Hope it wasn't a 'personal' experience. I was just wondering. I guess it makes sense though since I'm not transmitting, just receiving. I've read reports of folks actually putting the mast down the toilet exhaust pipes on their roofs. Now there's a shi.... I mean bad idea! Thanks again, dave

Status
Not open for further replies.