Antenna mast offset bracket for a 2nd mast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Not sure this is the correct forum but it is hardware related so mods, please move if there is a better forum.

I'm looking for some type of a mast mount offset bracket that can attach to a 2.75 inch OD aluminum flagpole.

I have a guyed flagpole that is not tapered at the top.
It is 2.75 inches OD and I'd like to mount a weather station rain collector assembly on it. A Davis VP2 station if anyone is curious. It will be a 2nd station.

So I need a bracket that will attach to the 2.75 inch diameter mast of the flagpole and have an offset arm or extension that goes out maybe 12 or more inches so the rain collector is not sitting tight to the flagpole.

Then on the end of the offset or extension arm, another mast bracket is needed that will accept a standard 1.25 or 1.5 inch steel mast. The weather station will accept either size mast. Of course the weather station will mount out on the new mast extended away from the larger flagpole.

I know I've seen these in the commercial world for towers and such and I'm pretty sure also in the amateur market but I'm drawing a blank on what they would really be called so my searches are mostly useless!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

LtDoc

I've never had need for such a thing so can't say I know of any such devices specifically made for it. But, it shouldn't be that difficult to put something together to so it. The above post has one suggestion and there are others (imagination!). One that comes to mind is to use PVC pipe of the right size(s). It's fairly easy to work with.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

gtriever

Premium Subscriber
The correct terminology for that is either "standoff" or preferably "side mount kit". That will help in your search.

SCPD

QRT
Angle iron

All you need is just what the pictures posted from Home Depot.
Angle iron and u-bolts. All set.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Status
Not open for further replies.