Status
Not open for further replies.

uzma

i want to ask that if a transmitting antena is placed on a tripod(
made of alminium used by photographers for installing camera) will there
be any problem in the transmitting power or some thing else due to the
earthing or reflection of the signal???

uzma

But wat if i buy a sepearate tripod and place the antenna over it ?

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
That would mainly depend on what frequency you are transmitting on. The higher the frequency the better off you are for low placement of the antenna. What frequency are you planning to use?

Al42

uzma said:
But wat if i buy a sepearate tripod and place the antenna over it ?
If you connect the mounting point to the tripod it should work well. If you connect any other part of the antenna to the tripod it probably won't work that well. The tripod is just a mount, like a pipe - no different.

KC4ZEX

Sounds like you are working on a portable inside setup from your description. I would put a short pipe between the tripod and base of antenna to get it up as much as possible an still keep it stable. Put it near a window if possible and keep away from it as much as possible to keep rf radiation from anyones body.

uzma

KC8JPZ said:
That would mainly depend on what frequency you are transmitting on. The higher the frequency the better off you are for low placement of the antenna. What frequency are you planning to use?

I intend to transmitt high frquency from dc to 18 GHz

uzma

Al42 said:
DC isn't a very high frequency.
:) It was just an idea take precisely it as 1GHz - 18 GHz

Then wat do u suggest

Is there any document that can be studied in this regard

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
1 - 18 ghz is not necessarily a problem to transmit a few feet off the ground. I would imagine that you are going to find more problems with getting the signal where it needs to go. Line of sight is going to play the largest role of what you are trying to do at that freq. If we knew what it is your trying to do, we may be able to help you out a little more.

uzma

anteena mounting issue

Hi

ok let me tell u in detail

I m in the secong semester of my graduation and doing a projct for transmitting different frequencies in the range of 1- 18 GHz preferabbly in the range of 2-18 GHz

the system tough simple but we have to make it dislay able so we want to mount it on the tripod and the one we found in the market is that of the camera stand (made of Aluminium)that can be used to place the antenna ( so far its horn but may change at some time)

the problem is the posssibility of the interference that stand can cause in the transmitting signal ( if any)

i hope u r able to answer more preciesly now.

Uzma

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
As long as you are not putting any part of the tripod directly in front of your antenna. I assume your antenna will be above all the legs. I would have to guess that you are using a directive antenna such as a yagi, dish or corner reflector of some sort. You should be fine. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.