• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Antenna options for the Midland MXT400 UHF antenna 450-470 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I prefer the dipole array for base & repeater operation. There are a bunch of different manufactures and configurations. You can pick up a DB-404 that will work in the 450-470 range for around $100 or less on the used market and they are very easy to manage when you are mounting them. They are light, short and have about 3.5dB of gain. Best of all, they are DC grounded. If you were close to me, I'd give you one. I have a DB413 on a tower that has been there for more than 20 years and it's still doing great. I put up a Telewave ANT450D6-9 at one site a few years ago and it works really well. Comprod offers some of the best, but they are fairly expensive.

I do not like fiberglass sticks at all, but some people have good results with them.

lmrtek

Larsen nmo 450 chw for mobile

db408 for base

Hustler G6-450-3 if I can't afford or find a db408

Mastiff2013

First are antenna adapters any good?

If so, I need an adapter for my MXT400. The Larsen NMO 150/450/800 Antenna is used on a BCD436HP. If I am correct the SO-239 antenna jack for the MXT400 would need to be male and for the other end (PL-259) would be female? Any links to a good product?

lmrtek

high quality adapters are fine
amphenol, rf industries etc

the mxt 400 has a so239(female pl 259) and every mobile antenna nmo mount and coax assy I've seen comes with a pl 259 so it will plug right in

the hand held scanner you mentioned I think is a sma connector that's not intended for high power mobile use

the Larsen mobile scanner antenna you mentioned would not be good for use on the gmrs radio and a simple 6 inch tall 1\4 wave 460mhz whip would work just as well

the 450 chw antenna I mentioned would give you the best performance

Mastiff2013

high quality adapters are fine
amphenol, rf industries etc

the mxt 400 has a so239(female pl 259) and every mobile antenna nmo mount and coax assy I've seen comes with a pl 259 so it will plug right in

the hand held scanner you mentioned I think is a sma connector that's not intended for high power mobile use

the Larsen mobile scanner antenna you mentioned would not be good for use on the gmrs radio and a simple 6 inch tall 1\4 wave 460mhz whip would work just as well

the 450 chw antenna I mentioned would give you the best performance

Much appreciated. Is this the antenna? PulseLarsen NMO-150/450C Antenna Mobile Dual Band Other, NMO150/450C

Status
Not open for further replies.