Antenna Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

Does anyone know where I can find plans or measurements for the Radio Shack VHF-HI/UHF antenna cat no 20-176?
Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com
I would like to build one. If anyone here has one and can take measurements and give some details about it or knows where to find the plans I would greatly appreciate it :)
Best Regards,
Thomas

Edited to add that it looks like Antennacraft makes one too. In fact they probably make them for Radio Shack. Model ST-3
http://www.antennacraft.net/ScannerAnts.html

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Simple, the long elements are 19" and the short ones 6" so get an SO-239 flanged chassis mount connector, some 1/16" diameter brazing rod, a roll of rosin core solder and a tube of silicone caulk (for waterproofing the insulator) and you're in business. Don't ask how to put it together, look at the picture and use your noodle, the fun is in the DIY.

prcguy

Its been many years since I measured one of these but there not 19" and 6", more like 16" and 3". The reason I measured it at the time was it didn't have a great match on 2m and I found the elements were cut for a bit higher freq. 19" would have been great for my use but there shorter.
prcguy

Simple, the long elements are 19" and the short ones 6" so get an SO-239 flanged chassis mount connector, some 1/16" diameter brazing rod, a roll of rosin core solder and a tube of silicone caulk (for waterproofing the insulator) and you're in business. Don't ask how to put it together, look at the picture and use your noodle, the fun is in the DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.