• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

antenna port adapter for P7200 talkie..where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm5265

the antenna port on P7200 looks like SMA but Im pretty sure its not is that a MaCom specific connector?
MaCom was here today and I saw an adapter that screws into the talkie port and it gave a bnc connection. Anybody know where I can get one of those or what the MaCom 7200 accepts? Would like to try and hook an external antenna onto a P7200 is what my ultimate goal is. Its an Open Sky P7200 if that matters

Thanks
Joe

bar422

Greenthumb is right......thats a very good deal. I paid nearly 50 bucks for the last one I got and I think dealers are charging around 80!

jrm5265

adaptor

wow thats alot $$$$$$ ok the one in that pic looks similar I guess that will be it then thanks guys

Joe

question? when the MaCom techs were here I asked them about an adapter so that we could sometimes hook our talkies up to an external antenna to (our unit does not have fixed mobiles and only use talkies) they asked me WHY I would want to do that what was I trying to accomplish....? I was shocked that they asked me that i told them that I thought it might work better in the areas we were having problems in especially when were in our vehicles and moving fast etc and they said they would need to talk to engineers about that they were not sure if they would recommend us doing that? Can anyone tell me the down side of doing that other than having to disconnect the cable and put on the rubber antenna if you wanted to take talkie out of vehicle? They said there would be ups and downs to doing that. I know I would have some cable loss etc etc

Thanks

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
or rather than take the adapter off the radio buy an antenna for the band that your radio is on with a bnc connector. that way you are not constantly screwing and un screwing the adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.