Antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

The area that I live and scan (Orange County NY) is "blessed" to have the public safety radio users spread out among Low Band, VHF, UHF and 800 MHz. The problem is selecting an antenna to use to listen that effectively covers all four of these bands.

I am using a PRO-197, GRE PSR-600 and a Uniden 396.

I took the out of the box rubber duckies off of each and am now using either the Radio Shack 4 stage expandable antenna or a scanner master 800 MHz one. Of course the problem is, if I use the VHF 4 stage one, I loose 800 coverage and vis versa.

Any suggestions

DickH

The area that I live and scan (Orange County NY) is "blessed" to have the public safety radio users spread out among Low Band, VHF, UHF and 800 MHz. The problem is selecting an antenna to use to listen that effectively covers all four of these bands.

I am using a PRO-197, GRE PSR-600 and a Uniden 396.

I took the out of the box rubber duckies off of each and am now using either the Radio Shack 4 stage expandable antenna or a scanner master 800 MHz one. Of course the problem is, if I use the VHF 4 stage one, I loose 800 coverage and vis versa.

Any suggestions

If I had that problem I would dedicate one radio to Lo Band (about a 6 foot antenna), one to the 800MHz band using a Radio Shack 800MHz antenna and the third scanner for Hi Band and 460MHz (an 18" whip should cover both ranges OK).

Status
Not open for further replies.