antenna repeater question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpcuba

Hi everyone, I'm not sure where to post this so if anyone could guide me that would be awesome. The thing is that I want to buy a cellphone booster/repeater that amplifies the cdma signal 800/850 mhz. Normally they sell it with yagi antennas but I was wondering if my RadioShack DA-5200 HDTV Antenna would work just fine

w2xq

Mentor
If it is for the house, what about a "range extender" and plug same into your Internet router? You might need access to a GPS signal for the required 911 stuff. I have a VZW unit by Samsung, works well.

w2xq

Mentor
I don't know enough to comment one way or the other on your items or their suitability. I've considered trying some of the Cell Phone Signal Boosters and Antennas at Wilson Electronics - Wilson Electronics Inc. products but I never followed through with them.

The "range extender" I was talking about looks like this: Network Extender | Samsung SCS-26UC4 - Cell Phones. You'd have to check with your carrier to get the right unit. It plugs into the router.

If I make an emergency call with my cell phone and it goes through the range extender, the unit's GPS device gives police/fire/ems your (the extender's) location versus the ISP's location.

HTH.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
No, that antenna will not work with that device. Also, that booster device is not legal unless you get the permission of the cellular carrier who's signal is being boosted. Good luck with that. They are also quite capable of causing severe interference to other licensed services if it's not installed or operated properly.

On the other hand, the cell extender shown by trsundstrom IS legal, and they work quite well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.