Antenna Setup Nearly Complete - Just Need a Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

Hello all,

I've been planning out a antenna setup build over the past week. I have a antenna and base, coax cable, BNC female to BNC female connector to connect the base and extension. All I need is a BNC female to 2 BNC male splitter. I've searched all over amazon without any success. If anyone knows of a good splitter on amazon please link it below. It's the last piece I need to fully order the setup.

Thanks in advance

Also, if it helps I will be using the antenna on a BCD325P2 and a BCT15X.

prcguy

skideric

Well,i have used a BNC "TEE" to Feed my BCD996P2 & BC125AT while on last trip.Prob not best solution,but worked well.The TEE plugs into back of one Scanner,Ant goes to one input,other scanner hooks to other input.

ltginrage

Got one any cheaper? or would I be better off with out a splitter and just switch when needed?

Ubbe

If you have difficulties finding a device or even impossible, then it's usually because it's no need for it and you have a design that you really need to rethink.

I have a antenna and base, coax cable, BNC female to BNC female connector to connect the base and extension.
Maybe it's just that you name the connectors the opposite to the standards? On a reciever or scanner you have a female BNC that needs a coax with a BNC male. On an antenna you usually have female connectors that needs a coax with a male.

The most common split are one male to two females. Put that on one scanner and then connect coaxes to it with male connectors. Or add one female-female adapter between the male split and the coax from the antenna.

Scanners have hugh dfferencies in impedance at frequencies where the scanner are not currently tuned to and will be noticed, most easily in analog mode, that the signal strenght varies when monitoring a channel while the other scanner are scanning thru the bands. You can use a constant impedance splitter, the less costly ones at $5 are a CATV splitter that uses F connectors, but they always attenuate the signal to half that your BNC T-split only do when you have your two scanners working at the same frequency band at the same time.

/Ubbe

majoco

Stirrer
It's true, splitters do lose half of your signal to each output port BUT these days a good receiver will cope with signals from half a microvolt upwards - so with your splitter you will/should resolve signals from one microvolt upwards - not much to miss. Try a cheap TV splitter and see how it goes - then you may fork out for an amplified splitter/multicoupler. Better still, buy another antenna and cable, possibly one antenna for UHF and another for VHF to get the best of both worlds.

BobFam

Hello all,

I've been planning out a antenna setup build over the past week. I have a antenna and base, coax cable, BNC female to BNC female connector to connect the base and extension. All I need is a BNC female to 2 BNC male splitter. I've searched all over amazon without any success. If anyone knows of a good splitter on amazon please link it below. It's the last piece I need to fully order the setup.

Thanks in advance

Also, if it helps I will be using the antenna on a BCD325P2 and a BCT15X.
Check BNC Male to Female T Adapter - 50 Ohm
Bob

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.