Antenna shop in Arlington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I am in the Arlington area visiting a friend of mine. I have been pulling my truck into her garage at night, but have to take my Larsen 150/450/800 antenna off of the truck due to me being afraid how ridged the whip is that it will break the plastic base(my other springed bottom antenna goes fine). I know Larsen sales a spring (PT# SpringB, if I remember correctly) but I cannot find anywhere down here that sells antennas besides Fry's. Does anyone know anywhere that sells antennas that I might be able to pick up either a spring or even a whole antenna that has a spring?

Thanks!

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Commercial places like DFW Communications on Stadium drive on the southeast side of The Ballpark or Teletouch on Great Southwest Parkway about 1 mile east of highway 360 before getting to the Roy Orr cutoff might have what you need. There used to be a good CB shop along 360 north of Abrams that had a good selection of whips and heavy duty springs. It bit the dust. There is a decent CB shop out in Weatherford along I-20 next to the PETRO. The only other places I can think of that sell half-way decent antenna springs are the truck stops like Flying J, Loves, PETRO or USA Truckstops. You may just have to mailorder it and ship it overnight. Sorry, retail shops are few and far between or suck for this kind of stuff anymore, and Fry's is usually a miss rather than a hit!

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.