Antenna + Signal Strength Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadbyoung

The scanner that I own does not have a signal strength meter; does anyone know where you can buy a standalone signal strength meter for scanners? I am about to purchase a Yagi antenna and when I install the antenna I want to make sure that I have it pointed in the direction to yield the best reception.

The frequencies I will be scanning are 930~940Mhz.
The Yagi will be centered on 935MHz

Thanks
Chad

MGMenager

Could you please share...

The scanner that I own does not have a signal strength meter; does anyone know where you can buy a standalone signal strength meter for scanners? I am about to purchase a Yagi antenna and when I install the antenna I want to make sure that I have it pointed in the direction to yield the best reception.

The frequencies I will be scanning are 930~940Mhz.
The Yagi will be centered on 935MHz

Thanks
Chad

Hi there I know that this a old threat but could you please let me know what were your findings as I have a yaesu vr-120 and I will like to track a hawk transmiter signal. Someone suggest that if my scanner don't have cw mode, the alternative will be to use an antena adaptor to turn the receiver into a direction finder.

Please give me a hand

Many thanks
Marcos

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...does anyone know where you can buy a standalone signal strength meter for scanners?"

There ain't no such animal. Not to worry, go by quieting, the quieter the signal the stronger it is. A Yagi has 3 forward lobes and one rearward in the V plane making aiming difficult so go by the side nulls in the end. Once you know the general direction the signal is coming from null it out from the side (very precise) and take mental note using a landmark, then point it that way. All well and good for one fixed location, otherwise you need a rotor.

Status
Not open for further replies.