Antenna Spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

colodak

Currently in my vehicle I have a Midland MXT275 GMRS radio with a 6DB antenna, I also often times carry a Yaesu FT1XDR/DE handheld with a Diamond mag mount antenna. Few months back, had both radios in the vehicle, the antenna are spaced about 3 ft apart in a straight line, a few times I used the upper channels 15-22 on the GMRS and at the Yaesu picked up the signal and locked to it. GMRS operates in the 462 to 467 range, above the 70cm range, but several of the channels are repeater channels. My vehicle has been down for a couple months, looking to get everything working again in the next week, any thoughts to avoid this? Come next spring I plan to replace the Yaesu handheld with a regular mounted radio.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Currently in my vehicle I have a Midland MXT275 GMRS radio with a 6DB antenna, I also often times carry a Yaesu FT1XDR/DE handheld with a Diamond mag mount antenna. Few months back, had both radios in the vehicle, the antenna are spaced about 3 ft apart in a straight line, a few times I used the upper channels 15-22 on the GMRS and at the Yaesu picked up the signal and locked to it. GMRS operates in the 462 to 467 range, above the 70cm range, but several of the channels are repeater channels. My vehicle has been down for a couple months, looking to get everything working again in the next week, any thoughts to avoid this? Come next spring I plan to replace the Yaesu handheld with a regular mounted radio.
What do you have the Yaesu tuned to?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The signal from the GMRS radio overloaded the front end of the Yaesu.

Probably no damage with the antennas 3 feet apart and those power levels. Just a strong signal in the presence of another receiver that doesn't have filtering designed to block that part of the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.