Antenna splitter for 2 x SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutterman

New to this hobby really enjoying it. I have an SDS200 with a discone antenna in my attic. Getting decent reception despite being in a somewhat low-lying area. Considering getting another SDS 200. Is there a reliable way to split one antenna feed without compromising reception? I don't really have the inclination (or space) to install a second antenna and fish the wiring. Thanks in advance.

Ubbe

To compensate for the loss when you split a signal, it will be cut to half, you will have to use an active multicoupler that have an amplifier to compensate any losses. A popular model are the one from Stridsberg with 4 outputs at $200.

I get better performance with a standalone $25 low noise preamplifier and a $10 CATV splitter. But then you have to connect them together and have your own power supply, usually a 5volt USB charger, and make arrangements to attenuate the signal some 6-10dB when using a 1 to 2 splitter. But it gives the advantage of having the amplifier at the antenna so any coax loss you have will instead turn into antenna gain.

/Ubbe

cutterman

Thank you for the response. after I wrote that post I noticed the antenna forum, which I should have seen beforehand.

Anyway ordered a FM notch filter and active multicoupler from Stridsberg. I have a mixed RF environment of strong and weak signals. That seemed like a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.