Antenna Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
I do a lot of listening on a lot of different bands and although my Pro-107 isn't the best scanner, it get the job done. I recently lost its antenna however and have been struggling to find something to replace it with. I look to you all to help. I know this would be easier if I could just pick a band or buy 4 or more different antennas but at this time I am not wanting to do that.

Which one of these do you think will suit my needs the most?
Or am I better off just getting a new scanner completely?

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
It depends on what frequencies you listen to. You say you do a lot of listening on a lot of different bands. With that said I would go with the all band. If you listen mostly in the uhf/vhf go with the high performance. If you are mostly listening to local public safety in your area the all band should do just fine. The all band is most likely very similar to what came with the radio. If all you need to listen to is analog and you are happy with 107 no need to get a new scanner unless you want more bells and whistles. I have a 800 MHz antenna and it receives just as good as any other rubber Duckie in any other band, at least for public safety. If I want to listen to aircraft Or conventional frequencies then yea a frequency specific antenna is better. Unless you are trying to pull in distant signals, an all band rubber duckie should be just fine. That is just my opinion.

WB9YBM

Personally I'm no big fan of portable antennas--but if there's no other alternative (like using a mag-mount on the car or a base station antenna while at home), I'd probably go with a telescopic whip. it might be a bit impractical if you've got the radio clipped to your belt, but it performs better than the rubber duck antennas.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
I got an 800mhz. And the all band came today but it appears it had some damage done to it during its travels. Anyone think this would affect receiving?86419

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
That looks like damage during manufactuing. Shipping damages would not cause something like that unless they ran over it with a truck. Contact the vendor and request a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.