antenna troble @ the repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0wjh

with the antenna connected to an handheld radio it is easily heard several miles away with 200 milliwatts however it doesn't receive not even the local weather service broadcast that is easily heard with the same handheld without even without the rubber duck antenna any ideas thanks terry

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I might be blocked by the thread police, but really, do need more information from you. Like what radio, antenna, frequency are you talking about. And extra should know this but I am new at ham radio so would like a little more information on the equipment you are having a problem with. Plus what are the setting in the radio, that is are there any tones set? Is it wide/narrow set? Once more information is known, someone may be able to offer a solution to your problem.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
with the antenna connected to an handheld radio it is easily heard several miles away with 200 milliwatts however it doesn't receive not even the local weather service broadcast that is easily heard with the same handheld without even without the rubber duck antenna any ideas thanks terry

Given the information provided, I can definitively say that you perceive there to be a problem.

That's it.

If you would like a more detailed response, please provide more detail about the problem. The quality of the answer is directly dependent on the quality of the question.

KA1NTG

Premium Subscriber
More Info

Your radio? Antenna? Frequencies? What else have you tried/tested?

You're gonna have to give us more if you want some help

Status
Not open for further replies.