AntennaCraft Scantenna Is UP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

302HO

I just installed my scantenna earlier. I put it up in my attic. Its about 35 foot from the ground. I thought my Icom R20 "heard" alot. When i hooked the scantenna up to it......mannnnnn! I can really hear crap now!

I sat up in the attic after i mounted the antenna and had my icom up there with me. Hooked up the antenna and just listened to different things. I could pick up a fire department thats about 60 to 70 miles away! That really suprised me. I can now hear Bluegrass Airport. Its about 40 miles away.

I guess i was up there about 30 to 45 minutes just listening. Several signals where so strong i had to lower my gain. Then i noticed i was soaking wet cause it was hot up there and it was time to get down.

I still have to pull the coax down the inside of a wall and terminate into a wall plate.

Anyhow, the scantenna was worth $37.

hsdtech

Good deal. Yeah I was very happy after putting mine up after using the R.S. discone. BUT, if I was up in my attic for that long, that would be the last time I would hear any scanner traffic (S.LA).

red8

hsdtech

hsdtech said:
Good deal. Yeah I was very happy after putting mine up after using the R.S. discone. BUT, if I was up in my attic for that long, that would be the last time I would hear any scanner traffic (S.LA).
It does get a little hot up in them attics in South Louisiana, been there and done that back in my younger days

302HO

tneff said:
302HO , what are the primary feq's you listen to. Thanks

My primary interest is the airbands. I am a newby. I have had my radio about a month now. As i get more frequencies, i listen to more.

That station that i heard that was 60-70 miles away was a fire department. It was just over half way on my signal strength meter on my icom. I was impressed. Needless to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.