AntennaCraft Antennacraft ST2 I want to sell but have no box to ship it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanhopkins

If I put it up for sale is there a box for it? Lol I mean it's like 3 foot tall. I want to sell it but FedEx said they did not have boxs for it.

TurboRob

As far as odd shaped boxes ups and FedEx are the ones or maybe another member wouldn't mind to drive over to you for a local pick up.
,)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

USPS has triangular boxes for mailing odd stuff via Express Mail. You can also buy mailing tubes at office supply stores. You might have to combine two to make up the length. Check USPS for rates for odd sizes. Usually it is based on the girth plus length or similar calculation. 3 feet is not too bad .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are you able to fold up the antenna like when it was new? Sporting goods & gun shops might have box laying around for a rifle or shotgun. Or you can obtain free Priority Mail boxes from the Post Office, and telescope them end-to-end to make a longer one.

brandon

Database Admin
I shipped one a few years ago. Had to make my own box, it wasn't pretty but it got the job done :)

W5lz

Find a paper/cardboard/plastic tube of the right length. They aren't that uncommon at all.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
If I put it up for sale is there a box for it? Lol I mean it's like 3 foot tall. I want to sell it but FedEx said they did not have boxs for it.
I would say that if you advertised it in the classifieds with your location that someone would drive a ways to pick it up...they are still popular and have strong demand still.

DJ11DLN

Is it the older model? I bought one of the last ones and the box was at least 5'. I understand they improved the strength of them so maybe the newer ones don't fold up as small? At any rate, good luck getting it sold, I agree that someone local may want it and no box would be needed...I'd give that a try first.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
plenty of long triangular boxes at the post office, ups etc or just get an unused carpet roll and use that.

W5lz

If you really can't find a shipping container, just make one out of cardboard. Most of the larger stores have old boxes stacked for the trash truck, just sort of grab one. Bend, fold, mutilate to the desired shape and tape the devil out of it...

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
do you know you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink, well you just cant help some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.