AntennaCraft ST2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE2XWA

Does anybody have a spare ST2 and will be happy to trade or sell it at a decent price?

I would like to experiment with one.

Dan

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
LOL.

Probably not, and definitely not, unless someone owes you a favor. They are one of the best multiband scanner antennas ever made, and have been discontinued. eBay auctions for them have been closing in the vicinity of $300.

Blackswan73

All the ST2 was, was multiple vertical dipole antennas, cut for various frequencies, and all connected to a single feed point.
I have the dimensions if any one is interested.

VE2XWA

LOL.

Probably not, and definitely not, unless someone owes you a favor. They are one of the best multiband scanner antennas ever made, and have been discontinued. eBay auctions for them have been closing in the vicinity of $300.
Yes i saw those on eBay, cost nothing to ask [emoji14]

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'll probably have better luck asking for a date with Taylor Swift.

stingray327

LOL.

$300? I am glad I got mine at regular price around $50. The discone antenna is available you could try that. I do not know if a discone will outperform the ST-2 antenna.

VE2XWA

Joking apart, i have nice valuable gear to trade if someone have a spare one. Just send me a PM.

I know they are rare and went up in value. Im not trying to get one cheap.

Im just asking fellow group member before i spent lots of $$$ somewhere else.

Dan

trp2525

Does anybody have a spare ST2 and will be happy to trade or sell it at a decent price?...

The highly-inflated asking prices for the Scantenna ST2 on eBay have been dropping somewhat because the antennas are not currently selling. There are curently 2 listings on eBay for the ST2 antenna and both have a "Buy It Now" price and a place to "Make Offer." You might want to consider making an offer that you think is reasonable to you and you might just get lucky and have the offer accepted.

1. Scantenna ST2 currently listed for "Buy It Now" for $251.56 (was previously listed for $295.95): ANTENNACRAFT SCANTENNA ST2 NEW IN UNOPENED BOX 30-1300MHz VHF/UHF. | eBay

2. Scantenna ST2 currently listed for "Buy It Now" for $229.00 (was previously listed for $299.00): Antennacraft ST-2 (ST2) RARE scanner antenna, NEW in box! | eBay

The other antenna that you might want to look for would be the Channel Master Monitenna 5094/5094A which has a very similar design to the Scantenna ST2. The 5094 covered 4 bands (VHF-Low, VHF-High, UHF and UHF-T) while the 5094A covered 5 bands (added 800-900 MHz coverage to the original 5094 model). I just recently saw a couple of these antennas being sold (for $44 each) brand-new in the factory-sealed boxes which is pretty amazing considering that from what I read the antennas were discontinued by Channel Master around 2000.

stingray327

The highly-inflated asking prices for the Scantenna ST2 on eBay have been dropping somewhat because the antennas are not currently selling. There are curently 2 listings on eBay for the ST2 antenna and both have a "Buy It Now" price and a place to "Make Offer." You might want to consider making an offer that you think is reasonable to you and you might just get lucky and have the offer accepted.

1. Scantenna ST2 currently listed for "Buy It Now" for $251.56 (was previously listed for $295.95): ANTENNACRAFT SCANTENNA ST2 NEW IN UNOPENED BOX 30-1300MHz VHF/UHF. | eBay

2. Scantenna ST2 currently listed for "Buy It Now" for $229.00 (was previously listed for $299.00): Antennacraft ST-2 (ST2) RARE scanner antenna, NEW in box! | eBay

The other antenna that you might want to look for would be the Channel Master Monitenna 5094/5094A which has a very similar design to the Scantenna ST2. The 5094 covered 4 bands (VHF-Low, VHF-High, UHF and UHF-T) while the 5094A covered 5 bands (added 800-900 MHz coverage to the original 5094 model). I just recently saw a couple of these antennas being sold (for $44 each) brand-new in the factory-sealed boxes which is pretty amazing considering that from what I read the antennas were discontinued by Channel Master around 2000.

The Channel Master was my first antenna before the wind took it down. I think when I first got it the cost was $54.95. Then it was discontinued and the price went up to $100 if you could find it.
Radio Shack at the time (many years ago) was selling the ST-2 for $29.95.

trp2525

I would be interested in the dimensions if you have them.
Thanks
Jim

For comparison purposes, RR member LIScanner101 has posted the dimensions of the Channel Master 5094A antenna (very similar to the Antennacraft ST2 Scantenna) in this RR post: http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...support-st2-antenna-question.html#post1996695

Also if anyone is interested RR member rbm did some experimenting with changing the lengths of some of the elements of the Antennacraft ST2 Scantenna to see if it would improve reception in various bands. Here are the links to his RR postings showing his results:

1. http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...pport-st2-antenna-question-2.html#post2011854

2. http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...pport-st2-antenna-question-2.html#post2013177

w0web

Premium Subscriber
You'll probably have better luck asking for a date with Taylor Swift.
Taylor Swift does not have a scanner, so no luck there. .

Does anybody have a spare ST2 and will be happy to trade or sell it at a decent price?

I would like to experiment with one.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

trp2525

FYI if the OP or anyone else is interested, one of the ST2 Scantennas currently on eBay is now being offered for an auction starting bid of "only" $180 (Antennacraft ST-2 (ST2) RARE scanner antenna, NEW in box! | eBay). Apparently this antenna is not moving and is certainly dropping in price as it was previously offered "Buy It Now" for $299, $229 and $219 and now for a 5-day auction starting bid of $180 (plus $20 shipping).

Blackswan73

There was also a discussion in that thread about using an old television antenna to make a Scantenna style scanner antenna. In theory, that could be possible, but I'm not sure how practical

Status
Not open for further replies.