Antennas and jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbm

If you're asking for something to use with RF dongles with the MCX connector ..... (I also have similar cables for PAL connectors)

I use a pigtail cable similar to those shown below. I have an assortment of lengths.
They're a few dollars each on ebay and take about 2 weeks to come from Asia.

They take the strain off of the USB dongles, and the right angle MCX connector swivels as you move the cable or dongle.

Just decide what kind of connector you want on the other end.
If you go with SMA connectors, do NOT get reverse polarity types (RP) they won't work.

Rich

reconrider8

idk weather to get a long pigtail or go with like a 6" and then get another piece of coax. i want something to put a radioshack 800mhx antenna to feed unitrunker. i can get a good decode on the tower in question great on my scanner but the stock dongle antenna doesnt hardly even hit anything

rbm

You could also do something as simple as this.

Use a right angle MCX to SMA adapter.

Then to an SMA to BNC adapter.

You could then add either a cable or portable antenna of your choice.

Rich

This is what I use when I take my laptop with me.

reconrider8

May order them then and see how they work before I go out and buy another antenna first my only thing is is how do you keep it from swiviling on the mcx adaptor?

rbm

May order them then and see how they work before I go out and buy another antenna first my only thing is is how do you keep it from swiviling on the mcx adaptor?

I keep a good supply of these high-tech devices on hand and they work very well for a lot of things. ;)

Rich

DistantSignal

I have 2 dongles and have MCX-BNC, MCX-SMA(F), MCX-SO239. I also have a few connectors to basically connect the device to any antenna I have.

LimaZulu

Anyone hardwire their antenna to the RTL board? I think I might give that a try.

I did, but after that I solder sma connector. I saw no difference. I prefer it with sma (or whatever you like) as it is much more easy to move it from one place to another and attaching different antennas.
Sometimes I mount my handheld scanner antenna and use it to observe what's out there by attaching it to my laptop or mobile phone and moving around

Status
Not open for further replies.