Antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidarambo

I have a BCD436HP which I'm really enjoying. What a learning curve as I'm new to all of this. I'm learning to make favorite lists so I can tweek it some more. But to the question, what is the best type of antenna that I can get for this unit. I will be carrying this with me, and in the car, etc. Here is the List of areas I listen to.
St. Mary Parish, Louisiana (LA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
And if anyone has any other programming information that I can use based on my area that would be a tremendous help. Ever learning. Lol. Unfortunately it will probably take me another month of messing with this unit to actually get it tuned in the way it needs to be. But I'm enjoying the process.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have successfully used Comet CH-32 antennas on my portable scanners for over 20 years.

Great for portable use as they are only 1.75" long and have an extended receive range: 118-160MHz, 250-290MHz, 360-390MHz, 420-470MHz, 820-960MHz, 1260-1300MHz.

DHAS12

I can also say the Comet CH-32 is a good antenna. Normally I would recommend the Diamond Rh77ca but this antenna is tuned for 140-150 ish and 440 ish so it won't work well for 700mhz digital, but it will work very good for the non digital frequencies listed as most I see are around the 154.xx range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.