Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield with Securitas inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Recently Started Working for Securitas Inc. I am posted in the Anthem Building at Gene Snyder and Old Henry Road actual address is 13550 Triton Blvd. The Radio system is crap they are old, cracked, messed up modulations, ripped out antenna, etc. I was wanting to know where to locate the freqs for it. I looked in the Database but found nothing. All i Know is UHF Range they are using Brick Motorolas and we have a few screwed up TK-370's. And the bad part is they are not PL'ed we get so much interference its crazy. You think for a high priority building and a High Security company it would be better equipment. Myself and A senior officer are wanting to hunt down the Freq info to buy our own radios so when we are on shift we got good crap that belongs to us. I know we have alot of listeners and scanners in Louisville so i would appreciate the help ima try to get ahold of a scanner all i got is a VHF Fire Kenwood TK-250 160 channels

Here is the Facility 4 stories with roof, state of the art 360o cameras inside and out magnetic cards and master keys put it this way i got Jefferson County Fire channels in my VHF two way and it wont pck them up that close to the tower but once i step out side crystal clear

Last edited:

jerk

I think you need a frequency counter. They are probably using someone else's license or are unlicensed.

And if your not sure on the frequency, I was thinking they may have operations on the Louisville Two-way trunking system. There are several security outfits on it.

Whats a Frequency Counter never heard of it before. I was looking at a old hunk of junk on the 12 i just pulled and it said Radioland so that sheds a light on the programmer. ill look into the trunking people but its for sure UHF. We ran into so many radio problems tonight mics were not working, batteries dieing every few hrs, ahh its a never ending list. I work thursday with the Site supervisor so i will try to see what info he can give me also ill try contacting radioland but i probably wont get any info from them without approval and clearance

jerk

nofdexplorer406 said:
Whats a Frequency Counter never heard of it before. I was looking at a old hunk of junk on the 12 i just pulled and it said Radioland so that sheds a light on the programmer. ill look into the trunking people but its for sure UHF. We ran into so many radio problems tonight mics were not working, batteries dieing every few hrs, ahh its a never ending list. I work thursday with the Site supervisor so i will try to see what info he can give me also ill try contacting radioland but i probably wont get any info from them without approval and clearance
It detects frequencies, basically, radio transmits, frequency shows up on the Counter.
The Uniden BCD396t has a simple one built-in
Radio Shack used to sell one, they are on ebay.

Radioland also has a LTR trunked system in UHF range, but most likely simplex UHF, do you talk to a "dispatch" on these radios, or is it just building to building use. And how many channels on the radio and what ones do you use. Also a model number would be extremely helpful on the Motorola's. Do they beep at you?

I'm thinking simplex or UHF LTR because of the Kenwoods.

The Radios are used on site but im pretty sure from my own radio experience there are no pl's. they said on good days dispatch can hear you its farther away but we always check in with them by phone. no beeps simple key up and down no squelch either we have several Kenwood TK-370's with 2 channels, and several older Motorolas like they were banished 10 yrs ago thats how old nothing capable of newer technology. put it this way put a brick in your hand thats how old it is lol. I just dropped an email the the President of Radioland but im sure im gonna get a denied response from them.

jerk

nofdexplorer406 said:
The Radios are used on site but im pretty sure from my own radio experience there are no pl's. they said on good days dispatch can hear you its farther away but we always check in with them by phone. no beeps simple key up and down no squelch either we have several Kenwood TK-370's with 2 channels, and several older Motorolas like they were banished 10 yrs ago thats how old nothing capable of newer technology. put it this way put a brick in your hand thats how old it is lol. I just dropped an email the the President of Radioland but im sure im gonna get a denied response from them.
Be careful about that, they may decide to downside you.

OK 2 channels on the Kenwoods. Pull the battery again and see what the Motorola's have... Sounds more like simplex, but a model number on the Motorola's will really help.

This may help also.
Field Programming procedure for the Kenwood TK-270 or TK-370 handhelds.

Press and hold (light) & (dial) while turning on radio.

Hold until (SEL) appears on the display.

Pressing (SCN) allows you to program the following

1. Monitor Key
Off = off
1 = Monitor momentary
2 = Monitor Lock
3 = Squelch off momentary

2. Scan Key
Off = off
Co = carrier operate
To = Time operate

3. Dial Key
Off = off
On = enable

4. TA key
TA = talkaround
RV = Reverse
Off

5. Lo Key
On
Off

6. Priority
None
1 = fixed
2 = selected

7. Fixed Priority Channel
Turn selector to channel

8. Look back time A
Turn selector to time in seconds

9. Look back time B

10. Revert Channel
1 = Selected
2 = Last Call
3 = Last used
4 = Selected + Talkback
5 = Priority
6 = Priority + Talkback

11. Tx Dwell time

12. Drop out delay

13. Time out timer

14. Tot Pre-alert

15. Tot Rekey time

16. Tot reset time

17. Squelch Level
Turn selector to Squelch

18. Beep tone
On
Off

19. Signalling
And
Or

20. Battery Save
On
Off

21. Selectable QT
On
Off

22. Clr to transpond
On
Off

23. Del/ Add
On
Off

Pressing (Dial) allows programming of:

DTMF

24. digit time
Turn selector to time in milliseconds

25. inter digit time

26. First digit time

27. Rise time

28. Rise time with QT

29. PTT ID
Off
1 = connect
2 = disconnect
3 = Both

30. Dial ID
On
Off

31. Connect ID

32. Disconnect ID

33. # of DTMF keys on Keypad

34. DTMF hold time
On
Off

35. Store & send
On
Off

36. D key assignment
Turn selector to D or time in seconds for pause

37. Dtmf Signaling
Off
1 = code squelch
2 = Selective Call

38. Intermediate Code
OFF
A
B
C
D
E
F

39. Group Code
OFF
A
B
C
D
E
F

40. Auto Reset time
Turn selector for time in Seconds
41. Call Alert/ Transpond
Off
1 =
2 =

42. Transpond
On
Off

Pressing (TA) will allow you to program Frequencies

Use selector to choose channel
Press PTT

Enter Rx frequency using:
- the Selector Knob to change kHz;
- the Selector Knob + (light) to change MHz.

If no channel is Shown press the (LO) button.
Press PTT

Enter Rx CTCSS code
Press PTT

Enter Tx Frequency as above
Press PTT

Enter Tx CTCSS code
Press PTT

1. Option Signal
Off
1 = DTMF
2 = 2-Tone

2. PTT ID
On
Off

3. Add/ Del

4. Busy Tx

5. Clock frequency shift

6. Power
Hi
Low

Repeat for the other channels
(you've got a 32 channel radio, so it may take a while...)

<end>

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The 270/370G version had to have the FPP option enabled in the software as well as having a hardware mod performed, the older 270/370 is likely the same way.

jerk

Grog said:
The 270/370G version had to have the FPP option enabled in the software as well as having a hardware mod performed, the older 270/370 is likely the same way.

Yes, it's probably not. But it won't hurt for him to try. And the more I read, the more I think these radios are nothing special, other than two-way conventional.

I think one model is the SP 100 pretty sure but i go in for another 12 in a 1 hr 1/2 so ill write in the morning around 8:30. most of the motorolas are so old the have the squelch nob and a toggle switch for the channels lol. what do you mean they will down side me?

jerk

nofdexplorer406 said:
I think one model is the SP 100 pretty sure but i go in for another 12 in a 1 hr 1/2 so ill write in the morning around 8:30. most of the motorolas are so old the have the squelch nob and a toggle switch for the channels lol. what do you mean they will down side me?
Down size, also known as fire you. There was paramedic on the Ohio MARCS list who posted some information about the radio for his company. Just channel information and Alpha labels. They fired him.

I'm just saying be careful. Now they could be using a license from RadioLand, itinerant for Jefferson County. My rough guess would be 467.xxxx or 466.xxx range for frequencies right now.

I Just got off a 12. We have the following Radios. 3 TK-370 G-1's, 2 Motorola Radius SP50's, and 3 Motorola Radius P 100's. Under the Battery on the P 100 it says 460 to 470 so that narrows the band down on the search and as old as the radios are it basically says its a freq no special tuning or coding or encryption. In my 12 hr shift i went through 4 batterys in the 370 i was using. if they fire me for asking a simple question of can i get the info or not i will hire a lawyer cause its outrageous that the security company can not get proper equipment to communicate on the premisis. Thats basically like sending a firefighter in a fire without info of the outside activitys of the fire. Im simply a good employee looking around a problem they have denied to fix

jerk

Ok, it's a a simple radio system. That's the easy part.
Do you go through a repeater? And is the second frequency a talk-around frequency.
What exactly do you use the radios for? And are they in use during the daytime also.

Here are some possibles for a repeater use:
464.3250, 464.3750, 464.4250, 464.4750, 464.5250, 464.5750, 464.6750, 464.7750, 464.8250, 464.8750, 464.9250, and 464.9750

I'm thinking from the description it will be one of these.
And then from RR wiki:
White Dot 462.5750 GMRS 2
Black Dot 462.6250 GMRS 4
Orange Dot 462.6750 GMRS 6
Brown Dot 464.5000
Yellow Dot 464.5500
"J" Dot 467.7625
"K" Dot 467.8125
Silver Star 467.8500
Gold Star 467.8750
Red Star 467.9000
Blue Star 467.9250

Last edited:
They are Used 24/7 at the facility. One Channel is Repeater but really crappy interference and the other channel is TA on the same freq. They are used every day for checking certain problems, ToCo rounds, Door Checks, Delivery Watchs, etc. From my experience with repeaters the repeater is not no where near the Premisis its probably located at the other Athlem building off hurstborne and I-64

So whatever it is its the same freq

Last edited:

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You do realize you are violating the trust your company and the people who contract with your company have with you, right? You are posting where you work, way too much detail into the comms systems. Hell, post the combination to the door next time and make it even easier for someone to walk right in.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
nofdexplorer406 said:
I just Recently Started Working for Securitas Inc. I am posted in the Anthem Building at Gene Snyder and Old Henry Road actual address is 13550 Triton Blvd. The Radio system is crap they are old, cracked, messed up modulations, ripped out antenna, etc. I was wanting to know where to locate the freqs for it. I looked in the Database but found nothing. All i Know is UHF Range they are using Brick Motorolas and we have a few screwed up TK-370's. And the bad part is they are not PL'ed we get so much interference its crazy. You think for a high priority building and a High Security company it would be better equipment. Myself and A senior officer are wanting to hunt down the Freq info to buy our own radios so when we are on shift we got good crap that belongs to us. I know we have alot of listeners and scanners in Louisville so i would appreciate the help ima try to get ahold of a scanner all i got is a VHF Fire Kenwood TK-250 160 channels
nofdexplorer406 ,
Most companies that hire security companies like Securitas, use the radio system for that site. Every job site I have been assigned to has used the site radios. Currently at my site we are using the company (where I'm assigned) repeater for security and its barely used, we are more likely on the other 8 frequencies paging or passing brief information to HR, Safety or Shipping & Receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.