Antrim County does use the 800 for fire/ems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Some units use the MPSCS for paging and operations, and some are still over on the VHF system. Similar to how Wexford County operated before the switchover date, the day before the switchover at least 45% of all units were still using VHF.

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
It seems to be Bellaire Fire is using it the most i think the other departments are slowly getting trained

There is a big Fire class that just ended so i think the departments were waiting for them to finish Fire school i think they took the State tests on June 10th

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
For the last couple of days it has seemed to be all FD's made the switch to the 800 system i am no longer hearing anything on the Analog system

Now the question will be to see what Fire Ground ch's will be used and if it will be like Kalkaska using a low powered system that you have to be within 2 miles of the incident

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
I am pretty much 2 miles from the Antrim County line for both Alden and Milton TWP and the Home Patrol 1 scanner i have no longer picks up the analog signals just the 4301 dispatch tag

It all started late Thursday that i noticed it

and the other thing i noticed is the FD's that strictly used the analog ch's started talking on the 800 system

This is a good situation to watch to see what all they will be using

like you said i could be in the gap for 800 the State owned tower is only 4 to 5 miles from me it sits around 300 ft higher then where i live since i am in the valley of Rapid City where nothing works

wgbecks

Matt,

Here is a list of known (Identified) TGID's active in Antrim County as measured off of the MPSCS
Chestonia Tower (RFSS 4-43) during the period from: 06/17/21 17:05:26 to: 06/27/21 11:04:40.

I have 23 other TGID's logged for this same period of time that I don't have alpha tags for at the present
time but will be verifying those against the current RRDB to see if any new listings have been posted
for Antrim County.

The receiver (feed) associated with these loggings is available on BCFY as Antrim County Public Safety.

Bill

Talkgroup Frequency Analysis

Count TGID Description

46123 4170 Central 911 Police Dispatch [Antrim County 05]
17676 4301 Central 911 FireEMS Dispatch [Antrim County 05]
01395 4304 Sheriff Corrections Division 1 [Antrim County 05]
01353 4306 Central 911 Police LEIN [Antrim County 05]
00561 4206 Countywide Local Government Common [Antrim County 05]
00133 4264 Special Events 2 [Antrim County 05]
00110 4263 Special Events 1 [Antrim County 05]

Last edited:

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
Thanks Bill i bet those 2 special event ch"s will be used as a Fire Ground ch like Kalkaska does plus it wouldn't surprise me if they were low powered

wgbecks

Thanks Bill i bet those 2 special event ch"s will be used as a Fire Ground ch like Kalkaska does plus it wouldn't surprise me if they were low powered

I don't know what the nature of the communications was for the Special Event's TG's as they were only logged from the control channel along with any other traffic from this same site regardless if it's in the actual broadcast list.

I seen on the MPSCS Public Safety Paging Map last published on 02/08/21 that Antrim County is listed as having "One or More Agencies on MPSCS Paging (Pending Implementation)" that signifies migration to P25 paging and would tend to confirm a move to the MPSCS 800 system from VHF. This status on their site pretty much follows similar history of other counties that have made similar migrations.

Of course this doesn't mean they are giving up VHF, especially if it's still in use for fireground communications. Only time will tell. Most
generally, other counties that have gone to 800 paging have been assigned TGID's for the department(s) being dispatched and haven't, AFAIK ever resorted to using special event TG's for such purposes although while back, a couple of Statewide Event TG's were pressed into operation surrounding response to a large fire event that occurred along US-131 between Mancelona and Alba.

Please keep up the great monitoring and report any new information as it may unfold.

MattMarderosian

Feed Provider
The Statewide events will be used more now since each county no longer has the other counties FG or Special Event ch's

Since Kalkaska and Antrim Counties plus now Station 5 in Rapid City in Kalkaska County is a Automatic alarm into Williamsburg for calls

It's very confusing right now when you need to go to a FG ch

I have been told it won't be long until a District 7 FG ch will be used when other countries are involved in a fire response

dmchalmers

The Statewide events will be used more now since each county no longer has the other counties FG or Special Event ch's

Since Kalkaska and Antrim Counties plus now Station 5 in Rapid City in Kalkaska County is a Automatic alarm into Williamsburg for calls

It's very confusing right now when you need to go to a FG ch

I have been told it won't be long until a District 7 FG ch will be used when other countries are involved in a fire response
Just recently started picking up kalkaskastan on MPSCS at my place in northern oscoda county not sure of tgids

Status
Not open for further replies.