Antrim P-911 TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkoronka

Ever since Antrim county went with the MPSCS their police 911 TG had been 4170 until now that is. In the last 5 days or so Antrim 911 is now broadcasting on TG 4029 listed as D7POSTS, Northern Region: Districtwide. TG 4170 has gone completely dead. I have to wonder if this might be a mistake in programming a template with all of the changes that have been going on in the last 1/2 month or I guess there might be a reason for the change that is not apparent to me now. I have verified the above with radio id numbers. As a side note to this does any one know if radios can be re-programmed OTA (over the air) like smart phones receive their updates?

Mike

mkoronka

I had my "blue" led light set to the first 911 (4170) and about a week ago I realized I was hearing Antrim 911 but had no blue light. My first thought was an error in the program but seeing the alpha tag saying northern region district wide and the tg of 4029 and Antrim radio id numbers I went to my handheld and the same was happening. Being patched was my second thought but why would they take a good working county tg and patch it to a state tg? Just watching it now the id on the scanner was 4053059. Zone 4, 05 being Antrim and the unit number. And yes I will do my best to see what the alpha tag says on a radio because this really has me wondering. Its not often but once in a great while I do get to talk to a deputy over there. I figure about 85 mph down 131 would allow me to see that, hey????!!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Can you hook up your scanner to your PC and run one of the trunker apps? Or somebody have an Advanced HP1 sitting around to tell you?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Home Patrol (Uniden). What scanner do you use?

mkoronka

At some point yesterday evening I happened to look at the display on my scanner and noticed that Antrim P911 was back on TG 4170 just like it had been up to the last of October. No longer are they on TG 4029 - D7POSTS. In the afternoon they were still on 4029 and the change took place some time in the evening. I again verified it on both my scanners. Go figure!

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
....As a side note to this does any one know if radios can be re-programmed OTA (over the air) like smart phones receive their updates?

Mike

Any changes to programming normally require that the radio be plugged into a computer with the programming software. There are 2 exceptions:

The "Dynamic Regroup" TG, which can be used to allow the Network Control Center to give radios emergency access to TG's they wouldn't normally have, such as the civil unrest in Benton Harbor a while back when troopers responded from several counties away; they were told to switch to DYNRGP & within minutes, they had all the local talkgroups they needed in a zone that they hadn't even had before.

The "OTAR" feature (Over The Air Re-keying) allows an agency to change their DES encryption key without having to physically touch any of the radios; so the key is changed in all radios within that agency simultaneously, & is transparent to the user. This feature is an option available to any agency using encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.