Antron 99 antenna for scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky43113

I have this antenna ANTRON 99 CB RADIO AND 10M BASE STATION ANTENNA A99 For Galaxy DX2547 & Others | eBay

Would that work for picking up military communications? I am in Pickaway County, also locally I am a ufo investigator and last month we had a wave of sightings in the area and lots of military helicopters (black hawks) were seen near the ufo's so my group RUFOS RUFOS Home wanted me to try to see if I could pick up any military communications. I am about 15 miles or so from Rickenbacker

cmdrwill

Antron 99 IS a CB antenna and does not work well, if at all, for MIL Air or VHF/UHF let alone not even on 7 or 800.

So, answer is NO.

A one quarter wave whip antenna, and simple groundplane for VHF and MIL Air.

I have no clue what antenna will hear UFO's.

lucky43113

Antron 99 IS a CB antenna and does not work well, if at all, for MIL Air or VHF/UHF let alone not even on 7 or 800.

So, answer is NO.

any links you could provide so i can get an antenna all thats on it now is the factory one.

As far as ufo's go i wasn't trying to pick them up only the military thats in the area when they are spotted

Delta33

So, answer is NO.

The Antron DOES work VERY well for Military Comms on 30 - 50 mhz. Fyi !

Delta33

I have this antenna ANTRON 99 CB RADIO AND 10M BASE STATION ANTENNA A99 For Galaxy DX2547 & Others | eBay

Would that work for picking up military communications? I am in Pickaway County, also locally I am a ufo investigator and last month we had a wave of sightings in the area and lots of military helicopters (black hawks) were seen near the ufo's so my group RUFOS RUFOS Home wanted me to try to see if I could pick up any military communications. I am about 15 miles or so from Rickenbacker
YES, it works VERY well for Military low band from 30 - 50 Mhz. FM

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
You can use the A-99 i have done that many times over the years it works,the thing is its not really cut or tuned for the band you want to monitor you may get some intermod at times it would be much better to use an antenna that is made for the scanner band,but if you are short on cash and its all you have at the time go for it and yes the TRUTH iS oUT there......

Status
Not open for further replies.