• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Any A/V Addicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screxer

Kind of started this in the iPod thread but didn't want to detour it permenantly (sp?), so here is a thread for those addicted to home audio and video gear. Paradigm Studios are one of the best speakers I've ever had the pleasure of hearing, thus my setup is as follows:

Sony 55" LCD
Denon 3910 DVD player
DirecTV HD-DVR
Harman/Kardon AVR635
Paradigm CC470 Center Channel
Paradigm Studio 20 fronts
Paradigm MiniMonitor Side Surrounds
Polk Audio RTi28 Rear Surrounds (soon to be another set of MiniMonitors)
SVS PB10-ISD subwoofer

bluesman905

Hey...not so much a video addict but definetly into music. If you have never heard a pair of B & W's and you get a chance check 'em out. Great speakers in the mid-high market.

My Gear

Marantz SR580
Rotel RCD-855 CD Player
Luxman PD277 Table
Energy 5.1e Loudspeakers (Mains)
Dalquist PDQ-REF 1T (Rears)
I'll get around to buying a center channel some day.

Oh yeah.....I also have a TV/DVD for the wife :lol: , I could live without both of these items myself.

Towers for rears are overkill for video but are a nice touch for tunes.

I've noticed that new release Vinyl is making a come back. Unfortunately nobody is pressing in Canada, most of them are British imports making the cost a little high at the moment, with any luck this will change. Looks like people are finally starting to realize that digital took all the warmth out of recordings! LP nuts have been trying to tell ya all along........Sorry to go off topic.

screxer

Yeah, B & W makes killer stuff from what I understand. Unfortunately, I had a difficult time finding a dealer and knew the stuff I'd want would be well out of my price range...haha!

trimmerj

Haven't taken the video plunge yet, don't enjoy TV and most of the movies made in the last 30 yrs don't appeal to me. Have a 25' set and the Sound is bigger than the picture. Wanna buy a DLP Projector as soon as the price drops. Lots of Audio Gear here, nothing recent.

Harmon Kardon Citation II Power Amp
Hafler DH110 PreAmp
(2) NAD 2200 Power Amps
BGW 500 Power Amp
BGW 50A Power Amp
Crown D-75 Power Amp
Marantz 2245 Reciever
NAD 3020 Integrated Amp
Thorens TD318 Turntable
Yamaha DSP100U Soundfield Processor (Dinosaur)
Bunch of Consumer Grade DVD and CD Players
Speakers by Electrovoice, Altec and Wharfdale

cschmit

Nothing great but it get's the job done pretty well....

Onkyo TX-SR602
Carver M-1.0T Amp (For Sub)
Sony DVP-NC665P DVD Player
Samsung 30" TV TX-S3082WH
Dynaudio MW190 Sub in custom built cabinet
BIC Venturi V52CLR Center Channel
BIC Venturi V830 Front Towers
BIC Venturi V52 Rear Channels

And my computer sound system consists of...

Yamaha HTR-5250 Pre-amp
Marantz 300DC Amp
JBLTLX105 Speakers

rpowley

Nothing fancy here - but its adequate
60" Sony Grand Wega LCD HDTV
Denon 6.1 receiver
Kilpsch towers, surround, center, and 12" sub speakers
Various Tivo, DVD Recorders & Players

Status
Not open for further replies.