Any frequency info on the upcoming 1200 acre control burn in Cades Cove?

Gsquared

"Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Appalachian Piedmont Coastal Fire Management Zone staff plan to burn approximately 1,200 acres of fields in Cades Cove between Tuesday, November 1 and Tuesday, November 22."

Think there is a chance there will be any fire comunications during the event that can be heard outside the park? I Googled the Appalachian Piedmont Coastal Fire Management Zone staff who are conducting the burn with the park but I didn't see anything about radio systems so maybe they just share communications with the various park services they do control burns with? I have some forest services programmed into my BCD436HP and will monitor them, the park rangers and various fire tac systems in Blount and Sevier counties that may send some crews out. Just throwing darts to see what sticks.

The article above says the main 11 mile loop road will stay open to normal traffic with possible temporary closures if spot fires get close to the road so I'll go there on days off and run some close calls too. I can clearly hear the Park Rangers from West Knoxville so starting on Nov 1st, I'll let the scanner run each day and record whatever it picks up from the systems above. Plus I'll be off for two weeks in the middle of November and have a cabin in the hills of Pigeon Forge so I'll see what I can monitor from there if you all don't have anything more definitive. There may not be much action to listen to but I love anything to do with monitoring fire fighting communications so it's worth a shot.

zachgallop

"Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Appalachian Piedmont Coastal Fire Management Zone staff plan to burn approximately 1,200 acres of fields in Cades Cove between Tuesday, November 1 and Tuesday, November 22."

Think there is a chance there will be any fire comunications during the event that can be heard outside the park? I Googled the Appalachian Piedmont Coastal Fire Management Zone staff who are conducting the burn with the park but I didn't see anything about radio systems so maybe they just share communications with the various park services they do control burns with? I have some forest services programmed into my BCD436HP and will monitor them, the park rangers and various fire tac systems in Blount and Sevier counties that may send some crews out. Just throwing darts to see what sticks.

The article above says the main 11 mile loop road will stay open to normal traffic with possible temporary closures if spot fires get close to the road so I'll go there on days off and run some close calls too. I can clearly hear the Park Rangers from West Knoxville so starting on Nov 1st, I'll let the scanner run each day and record whatever it picks up from the systems above. Plus I'll be off for two weeks in the middle of November and have a cabin in the hills of Pigeon Forge so I'll see what I can monitor from there if you all don't have anything more definitive. There may not be much action to listen to but I love anything to do with monitoring fire fighting communications so it's worth a shot.
They GSMNP Fire Management Personnel typically utilize NPS simplex tactical and command frequencies for controlled burns within the park. They also have some mobile repeaters that they may use as well, they call them command channels. Pretty much all Fire OPS from GSMNP occur via those type of channels. On stuff that they assist with outside the park, they have been heard on TN Department of Forestry frequencies. Not a lot of traffic dealing with that on the main GSMNP NET repeaters. You would have to be pretty close to monitor the communications most likely.