Any future updates on HP-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Any rumors on UNIDEN updating the HP-2.?

I realize this is an somwhat entry level easy operating scanner original designed for folks just starting out in the hobby.

However as most readers realize it has developed into a much larger following than anticipated. And it being pretty much trouble free it has its benefits and of course limitations.

I would suspect based on past reputation UNIDEN would just come out with a newer high price version rather than offer (at a cost) upgrades

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

I realize this is an somwhat entry level easy operating scanner original designed for folks just starting out in the hobby.

However as most readers realize it has developed into a much larger following than anticipated. And it being pretty much trouble free it has its benefits and of course limitations.

I would suspect based on past reputation UNIDEN would just come out with a newer high price version rather than offer (at a cost) upgrades

You can still purchase the Extreme Upgrade for the HP2.

Other than that, there have been no announcements from Uniden to that effect, and they are the only ones that would know. Anything else is just that.... rumor, speculation, or wishful thinking.

ansky

At this point the scanner is so old I doubt that they would release any new upgrades. It is more likely Uniden would release a new model and hope that many HP2 users go out and buy the new model.

marksmith

At this point the scanner is so old I doubt that they would release any new upgrades. It is more likely Uniden would release a new model and hope that many HP2 users go out and buy the new model.
I suspect this would make the most business sense. Much better margin on an upgraded device than just some upgrade.

With the flawless operation of the HP2 you could count me in the group that would add another radio if it contains some upgrades. Uniden seems to get this one bulletproof before executing, and then just letting it ride.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

bee

You stated HP 2 is "SO OLD?" LOL. LOL.

HP 2 is a great scanner

You are the one, that must be "SO OLD".

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

Uniden doesn't do rumors or pre-announcements. You're wasting your time asking. Anyone who knows isn't going to say, and anyone who says anything beforehand by definition doesn't know what they're talking about.

yank108

The HP2 is the most impressive scanner out there. Those that think it's an old scanner must want the unit to make them breakfast every morning. I love this scanner and it's surely impressive travelling across country with the hockey puck.

ResQguy

Meh

The HP2 is a year newer than the 436 and 536...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
This is correct. I believe it is the most recent scanner introduced by Uniden. So if it is old, everything is old.

The BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 were both released ~4 months after the HP2, but that still does not make the HP2 an "old" scanner by any means.

marksmith

You are correct (though each of them are arguably just 396/996 upgrades to some extent. But technically, the release dates on those two radios were after the HP2 (an upgrade of the HP1), and the HP2 came after the 536/436.

Status
Not open for further replies.