any GMRS Repeaters in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceraver

Will be going to Arizona soon and looking for repeaters if their are any along the 10Freeway going into Arizona and i have looked at mygmrs website

mm

The only one I know of is in my Home town near Prescott, so It depends on where along I-10 your coming from and where your heading to.

If your coming from the West traveling into Phoenix then around 30 miles west of Phoenix, you could start to pick up the 467.600, CTCSS 167.9 on Mt. Union.

Mt Union is at an elevation of 8000 feet and 65 miles, as the buzzards fly, North of Phoenix in the Bradshaw Mtns. 14 miles South of Prescott.

You would probably start hitting it around Centennial/Harquahala west of Phoenix then be shadowed by the White Tanks Mtns in another 25 miles and from there on it would be spotty in and around Phoenix.

You could also pick this one up South of Phoenix and just north of Casa Grande up until you get into the south end of the metro area and then you will hit your typical spotty coverage areas but since it's at the top of the tower it has great coverage so you never know what coverage you'll get.

The owner, JB is a good friend of mine, he owns all of the north side of the Mountain property so he has the prime antenna location.

Mike

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

IIRC, there's 2 or 3 in the Phoenix metro area, but they're not all that busy most of the time. I'm licensed, but since no one else in the family has any interest in radios, I'm not active.
WPXJ598

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

As I mentioned in the other thread, check the mygmrs site. The Glendale 675 repeater is open, try the 141.3 tone. The other 4 or so require permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.