any ham radio store still open tampa area

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox01

moving south to Tampa any ham radio stores still. Open i know aes is gone .

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Not that I'm aware of. The only thing I have heard of is a CB hack shop where we might be able to buy a SO-239 connector in a pinch. Wearing these masks might actually come in handy if I did go in there.
:)

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
sure was nice when AES was in Orlando, that's for sure. Started out great, but man did customer service tank at the end....

doug

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I used to live in Tampa area (just north in Hudson, Pasco county) but before that I lived in Kissimmee/St Cloud area and used to shop at the AES up there by the Executive Airport in Orlando. Always got a good deal. After they closed, I started shopping online. Gigaparts and dxzone for the ham gear/antennas, and Scanner Master for scanners and accessories, etc. I have used Universal several times as well and Bearcat USA, both with good results. I sure do miss AES and Grove Enterprises, as well. Those were the days.

More recently, not too many companies go the extra mile like Bridgecom with their DMR radios and accessories. I believe they are setting the new bar when it comes to internet sales and service and customer support. Great place for an old ham to learn new tricks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.