Any HAM's want to get out and play radio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxbofh

Hey folks,
Thought I would see if any of the PDX Metro area HAM's want to help out at 4x4 event on September 27. We need 5-6 operators to man check points and be able to provide updates to the command post. It is an easy gig, you can operate from your vehicle, and it's a chance to get out in the woods and play!

Date: 9/27
Time: 0700-1700 (w/ Free BBQ Dinner After)
Gear: mobile 2 meter rig, and whatever you need for the day
Where: Browns Camp off of Hwy 6 in Tillamook State Forest

Other: Most of the participants are camping up there the night before, that is an option for us as well. There will be some power there for charging batteries, but not at the checkpoints. So you will need to be self sufficient. There are some 'camp site' style restrooms. There will be about 100 trucks participating. ODOF, TCSO and medical crews will be on scene.

If you are interested, please email me @ Ke7LRB (AT) arrl.net

Thanks !!! :D
Will
Ke7lRB

pdxbofh

One more reminder, I could still use 2-3 people to help out..
Next Saturday, 9/27

Thanks !!

Will
Ke7LRB (AT) arrl.net

:D:D

pdxbofh

:D
Doing it again this year.... Info below....

Hey folks !

This will be my second year organizing amateur radio communications for a non-profit off-road group that has an annual event at Browns Camp. (For those of you not familiar with Browns Camp, it is off of Hwy 6 at about mp 35 - it's an off-road recreation area in the Tillamook State Forest) The event is on Saturday September 26th, and runs from about 0700-1900. I am looking for operators to staff checkpoints along the route in case of accidents or injuries, and to provide updates on the progress of the vehicles. There are usually about 100 trucks at the event, and it's a very easy event to work. You can even operate from your vehicle at most of the checkpoints.

It is a family event and there is even a BBQ dinner that evening. (Not free this year)

Let me know if you, or anyone you know is interested, Ke7LRB at arrl.net
:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.