• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

antianteyeii

I dont even know if this is the right forum, but I think some of you knowledgable folks may be able to help me or point me in the right direction.

I work for a police department. We have a command console which is Motorola Centracom Elite Dispatch. We have a lot of frequencies we use/monitor it. On frequency is a Nextel Link.

All our users are loaded in with their name and their nextel ID number. If we need one of those users, we simply select their name and click what amounts to a send button.

Awhile back our Link started messing up. About 60% of the time we attempt to reach someone on the link, instead of sending to the specified user, upon pushing the send button the display changes to "PTT ID" and the messages go out in a mass variety.

We've notified our Radio Shop and they tell us it's not their area and we need to contact Nextel. Sprint Nextel tells us it's not their area since it's on a computer console. Anyone have any ideas what's going on and how it may be fixed?

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
sounds like to me you need to get with the software maker of whatever software runs the console.

antianteyeii

yeah maybe so. Its a motorola. But its my understanding, either my superiors haven't/won't contact them or they won't provide help.

ScanDaBands

Banned
antianteyeii said:
yeah maybe so. Its a motorola. But its my understanding, either my superiors haven't/won't contact them or they won't provide help.

I understand your dilemma - the company I work for maintains a similiar 911 system and I can say this , they get paid a TON of money to do their job - so let'm - ya with me?

antianteyeii

Very true. But if where you work is anything like where I work, it only effects the division I am in, so the "big wigs" don't really care. Granted if something major were to happen because of the equipment failure that we've told them about, they would raise cain and say it was our fault.. believe me, that's how it works.

Plus we've been reporting this for well over a year.. one division will say its another responsibility and then back and forth back and forth.. which is why I came here. I am tired of my job being effected by the faulty equipment and no one giving a damn to fix it.

ScanDaBands

Banned
antianteyeii said:
I am tired of my job being effected by the faulty equipment and no one giving a damn to fix it.

and I don't blame you , same problem with a certain county close by , they just "band aid" the system and will not upgrade , it is a shame and in the case I'm talking it means officer safety , not a good thing at all.............sad thing is they'll pay now or pay later.

Highpockets

ScanDaBands said:
and I don't blame you , same problem with a certain county close by , they just "band aid" the system and will not upgrade , it is a shame and in the case I'm talking it means officer safety , not a good thing at all.............sad thing is they'll pay now or pay later.

Why not send a Union or PBA rep to talk to the mayor, and tell him it will be a sad day when one of the police officers or some child is in need of help and the system fails, the news will have a field day with that, especially since it's been known for over a period of time, and nothing has been done. That will also make him (on the record) aware also!

Status
Not open for further replies.