any help for a dumb ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aturnbill

i have a RS PRO 94 i live in madison wi. radio shack prog. the scanner for me with there software. the only problem is it took almost 600 channels up. now im getting everything from city trash the city transit, DPW. IS THERE ANYWAY TO BLOCK THESE OUT BUT STILL BE ABLE TO HEAR THE CITY PD AND FIRE? THEY OPERATE ON A MOTO-2 TRUNKING SYSTEM. PLUS IM NOT SURE IM GETTING ALL THE CHANNELS FOR SOME REASON. EVERYONE ONCE IN A WHILE I HEAR THE EAST SIDE UNITS. AND I KNOW THEY ARE ALOT BUSIER THAN WHAT IM PICKING UP. PLEASE HELP! I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE. ONE MORE QUESTION HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CONTROL CHANNEL TO USE ? AND WHAT THE HECK IS IT.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Use lockout to block the frequencies or talkgroups you don't want to listen to.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Actually what you will need to do is program the frequencies in your scanner. After doing that program only the talkgroups that you want to hear. Once that is done close the bank. Once the bank is closed it will ONLY hear what you have programmed. If you open the bank back up then you will hear everything.

Hope that helps

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not in a PRO-94, you don't open OR close banks. The PRO-94 is a Uniden OEM, not
GRE.

red8

Yeah I know DPW really sucks you know what. That is why I progam
my own scanner. I had Radio Shack program a scanner for me one
time and I had to go back and re-program it myself. What they did was on 800 was program the input freqs in and not the repeater channels in. Hope you get it fixed.

red8

I forgot to tell you the control channel is the channel that sends the
signal to the frequency that is available. When you program all the frequencies in (you'll want to put in all of the repeater channels in,they are 45Mhz higher than the input channels) the control channel
you will recognize by the persistant buzzing sound, you do not lockout
the control channel because that helps the scanner in picking up the
system talkgroups.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
kokomo1 said:
The wiki says it is a GRE model.

No, the WIki is incorrect, it's a Uniden OEM.

FCC ID on the Owners Manual: UBZZ01306ZZ, UBZ = Uniden.

From Strong Signals:
RadioShack Models Manufactured By Uniden

PRO-2023 PRO-2025 PRO-2026 PRO-2030 PRO-2033 PRO-2034 PRO-2036
PRO-2038 PRO-2040 PRO-2043 PRO-2045 PRO-2046 PRO-2048 PRO-2050
PRO-2052 PRO-2066 PRO-23 PRO-24 PRO-25 PRO-26 PRO-27
PRO-28 PRO-29 PRO-35 PRO-38 PRO-41 PRO-46 PRO-49
PRO-51 PRO-59 PRO-66 PRO-67 PRO-76 PRO-90 PRO-91
PRO-9200 "PRO-94"

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
aturnbill said:
i have a RS PRO 94 i live in madison wi. radio shack prog. the scanner for me with there software. the only problem is it took almost 600 channels up. now im getting everything from city trash the city transit, DPW. IS THERE ANYWAY TO BLOCK THESE OUT BUT STILL BE ABLE TO HEAR THE CITY PD AND FIRE? THEY OPERATE ON A MOTO-2 TRUNKING SYSTEM. PLUS IM NOT SURE IM GETTING ALL THE CHANNELS FOR SOME REASON. EVERYONE ONCE IN A WHILE I HEAR THE EAST SIDE UNITS. AND I KNOW THEY ARE ALOT BUSIER THAN WHAT IM PICKING UP. PLEASE HELP! I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE. ONE MORE QUESTION HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CONTROL CHANNEL TO USE ? AND WHAT THE HECK IS IT.
One more thought here all capital letters is considered yelling.

And that would be coverd in this link.
http://radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3632

Last edited:

eyes00only

The 94 IS UNIDEN. (oops, I yelled). You do not lockout any frequencies! You can lockout talkgroups. The 94 is the easiest dang scanner I have ever programmed (try a 92). Did you get the instruction book?

Jerry

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You lockout frequencies if they are conventional, talkgroups if they are trunked.

aturnbill

ok

ok well i programed the freq. but now im not sure on how to program the talk groups. anyway does anyone know anywhere in Madison WI. where i can take the damn thing to to have someone help me out. i have the instruction booklet and some stuff i got off diffrent web sites. kinda funny they all say diffrent things.

K9GTJ

aturnbill said:
ok well i programed the freq. but now im not sure on how to program the talk groups. anyway does anyone know anywhere in Madison WI. where i can take the damn thing to to have someone help me out. i have the instruction booklet and some stuff i got off diffrent web sites. kinda funny they all say diffrent things.

The local Wisconsin forum will put you in touch with people that might be of more help on a specific system. You likely could find a person that could share a programming file with you or might even consider meeting up and helping you with it. Good luck.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
aturnbill said:
These 6 steps are from the owners manual.

Manually Storing Talk Group IDs in Talk Group ID Lists
1. Select the trunking bank.
2. After the scanner begins trunk scanning, press MAN.
3. Press MAN again, then repeatedly press 8 or 9 to select the talk group ID list location (shown at the top of the display) where you want to store an ID.
Then press PROG.
4. Enter the Mot ID you want to store, then press E.
Note: To clear a mistake while entering an ID, press 0 then E, then re-enter correct ID and press E.
5. Repeatedly press PROG or 8 to select the next scan list location you want to program. Then repeat Step 4 to enter another ID.
6. When you finish, press E to store the entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.