Any Houston/Peach Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxmanic

I am VERY new to scanning and only decided to get one after the recent storms. I ordered a BCD996T from Scanner Master and it arrived yesterday. I upgraded the firmware to the latest v2 on the Uniden website. It was programmed by me using bcTool and downloads from RR. It is up and scanning Houston/Peach P25 and Macon/Bibb County.

I am having a hard time with the audio quality on Houston/Peach. It seems to pick up Macon better and I live just outside of Warner Robins! Any ideas? Are there any scanner groups or clubs in this area? Thanks for your help!

none that I know of. But if your scanner is handheld I recommend getting the 800MHz antenna from Radio Shack. It will make a difference. Also when you put in the Houston/Peach freqs I found that if I put them all together in numerical order I scan it better. Peach FD,HEMA(Houston Centerville FD), Byron PD, and Twiggs SO still use VHf

claymac44

Rebanding

I have noticed after the rebanding frequencies, my RS PRO 96 is having a hard time with the Houston system. I do not know what will help.

GSP and Peach SO work on VHF

PRO 96
PRO 2006

maxxmanic

No, it is a base/mobile. I picked up a Radio Shack scanner antenna, and it seemed to help a little. The guy had a Pro-2096 with a stock antenna as low as it would go and it seemed to do better then my 996t.

I must have something configured incorrectly but I don't know what. I am messing with the programming using bcTool and trying different combinations.

I see alot of LNK and DAT in the display next to the frequency - no audio, but it will pause the scan.

The 996 is a fine radio, and one that I listen to that system on when I pass through the county from time to time. However, this system has some very rough spots to say the least. I doubt a new radio would help, and I think the antenna is the only way to improve things.

Suffice to say, you are having the same difficulties that some of your public servants are. Stick with your radio, but do find another radio to compare with (in case your radio has a bad board in it somewhere). They also have changed the control channels not too far back, but the database reflects this.

frequencyman

Okay there is five Tower Sites.
Need to look at them and the control channel frequencies and see
which one is close to you.
Didn't have this info(Tower Site) earlier only Control Channel Frequencies.

James,

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
What major road are you off of? dont say watson or russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.