Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I need some ideas and suggestions on the Tulsa OKWIN p25 site. I live in Pawnee County at the east end.
Until about 2 years ago I could hear Tulsa OKWIN site loud and clear with a RS radio and rubber ducky antenna.
The site began dropping out, sometimes for several days, then show back up. Then is went off and has never been back.
I've tried outdoor antennas of all types including yagis at about 35 ft high with very low loss coax. Current scanners are Uniden BCD 325 P2 and 996 P2. I hear the Creek County sites just fine.

Using ARC XT PRO and downloading from RR database.

Thanks for your help.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Are you using CC channel's only or are you using all of the Freqs? There has been some mention of sites changing NAC, I currently show Site 61 and NAC 92Fh for Tulsa. I too have seen periods of no traffic on the system, knowing things aren't just this quite and verifying that by listening to the scanner app.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Try turning off the surrounding sites and monitoring only Tulsa's too see what kind of signal strength your getting. Also enter in all the Tulsa site Freqs.

svrstorm

I’m listening to Tulsa Fire right now on the Tulsa site and this bcd396xt has not been programmed in over a year. I am in Sapulpa.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Right now I cannot get a WACN, Site ID or any radio traffic on the Tulsa site with a SDS200.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The SDS200 is on an outdoor Scantenna getting nothing from the Tulsa site while the 536 in the other room on a rubber duck is getting everything

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Also the Tulsa OK WIN P25 - Tulsa Site they just added a couple new frequencies last week.. I strongly suggest like @tvengr suggested and use ARC-XT from Butel. Try loading in the most recent database from RR and you should be golden. And as someone else mentioned there is NO SIMULCAST on the OK WIN P25 for Tulsa area. I am in Tulsa and my BCD996P2 is working flawless... But I know - in Tulsa I have no range issues.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I uploaded the latest changes last week with Sentinel, but this has been an issue for a while when my SDS200 will just go deaf on the Tulsa site. I turned on the Coweta site Friday but that only gets me OHP from my list of objects. So being on the Wag/Tulsa line in BA might be causing an issue with getting a clear CC feed from Tulsa when it sometimes doesn't display the NAC code.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
The BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 do not use site NAC. dward42586 please attach your ARC-XT OKWIN Tulsa programming file and I will check it for problems. You will have to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it.
Sorry so long with reply. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• TULSA POLICE MAY (3).zip
    674 bytes · Views: 5

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't see any problems with the programming. What signal strength are you showing? You should see the control channel frequency (857.9375) on the scanner display on the third line from the bottom when nothing is being received. If it shows NFM, you are having problems decoding the control channel. That would be due to poor signal strength or simulcast distortion.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any problems with the programming. What signal strength are you showing? You should see the control channel frequency (857.9375) on the scanner display on the third line from the bottom when nothing is being received. If it shows NFM, you are having problems decoding the control channel. That would be due to poor signal strength or simulcast distortion.
Thanks for looking at the file. There is 0 signal strength. I'm just not receiving a signal from the site. I know the radio and programing are ok because I can take it mobile and about 10 miles closer to the site I am receiving just fine. There must be some sort of physical obstruction between home station and site.

Status
Not open for further replies.