Any information concerning concordia Kansas cloud County Kansas switching over to digital radios are they encrypted?

verdi

I’m looking for any information concerning the city of concordia Kansas in cloud County Kansas all the analog channels have went silent the Motorola P 25 phase 2 system may be encrypted up there does anybody know if cloud County concordia Kansas encrypted the radio signals on digital??

fast2okc

Database Admin
I’m looking for any information concerning the city of concordia Kansas in cloud County Kansas all the analog channels have went silent the Motorola P 25 phase 2 system may be encrypted up there does anybody know if cloud County concordia Kansas encrypted the radio signals on digital??
The FCC licenses for Concordia indicate they may be using NEXEDGE digital on the same frequencies as their analog channels. Do you have a scanner that can receive NEXEDGE? Uniden scanners require an upgrade and older scanners won't receive it at all.

verdi

I will have to update my scanner or maybe just buy a new scanner. Thank you very much for this information.

NR0W

Concordia have been NXDN for several years but they also may be encrypted on top of that. Ottawa co also runs Kenwood equipment but not in digital mode usually but they can they can also encrypt on top of that.

verdi

Thank you very much for that information I guess the only thing to do is go ahead and put the upgrade in my Uniden scanner and see if it receives anything but if they’ve encrypted then I won’t be able to pick up anything. Again thank you for any help.

NR0W

Thank you very much for that information I guess the only thing to do is go ahead and put the upgrade in my Uniden scanner and see if it receives anything but if they’ve encrypted then I won’t be able to pick up anything. Again thank you for any help.
Which scanner do you have? I would guess that that in the near future they will be going to 800 I've heard Ottawa co will be. Lincoln Mitchell Clay Saline Smith Osburne already are.

verdi

I have the Uniden BCD996P2. I have Saline County Kansas programmed into it on the digital side currently I’m picking up Ottawa County Kansas on the analog side the NXDN upgrade is $50 for this scanner it may be a good investment I’ll just have to wait and see but thank you for your information.

verdi

I have upgraded my Uniden BCD996P2 radio and have added NXDN to it. I’m new to the NXDN format. What I’m trying to do is program it for Concordia Kansas and Cloud county Kansas Law frequency’s. I’m not sure if they are using the same frequencies and broadcasting on NXDN. How would I program this for my BCD996P2 radio?

Attachments

• 8061BDA5-3C14-4BE0-B371-A10B9251BE06.jpeg
    8061BDA5-3C14-4BE0-B371-A10B9251BE06.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9

verdi

I have pro scan I don’t know if pro scan will program NXDN. When I use ProScan it just programmed the scanner with conventional programming I have tried to program the scanner manually but I didn’t get it right. Do the current frequencies listed on radio reference under conventional frequencies go into the site location frequencies on the NXDN ? Thank you for any help.

NR0W

I forgot to ask you before, do you have a outside antenna you are using? Concordia has always been hard to hear in Ottawa county, thats one of the reason I never listened to them.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The following conventional frequencies licensed to Concordia are licensed for NXDN:
155.79 - Law
155.535 - Law
159.225 - Law
159.45 - Law
154.815 - Fire/EMS

verdi

I forgot to ask you before, do you have a outside antenna you are using? Concordia has always been hard to hear in Ottawa county, thats one of the reason I never listened to them.
Yes I’m using a large tv antenna turned 90° to use as a vertical antenna.

Attachments

• F023E549-F33D-4C39-B9E9-9AE72D730AC1.jpeg
    F023E549-F33D-4C39-B9E9-9AE72D730AC1.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0

verdi

The following conventional frequencies licensed to Concordia are licensed for NXDN:
155.79 - Law
155.535 - Law
159.225 - Law
159.45 - Law
154.815 - Fire/EMS
So would I manually put the in my scanner under NXDN single frequency? Or under the trunk frequency setting?

NR0W

tvengr

Well Known Member
Put them in as conventional frequencies. Set audio type to digital only. Set code option to search. When you receive a signal, it will; display a RAN (random access number). That is similar to CTCSS (PL) and DCS (DPL) on analog frequencies. You can then set nexedge RAN for that frequency.

Last edited:

KHPFAN

I have the Uniden BCD996P2. I have Saline County Kansas programmed into it on the digital side currently I’m picking up Ottawa County Kansas on the analog side the NXDN upgrade is $50 for this scanner it may be a good investment I’ll just have to wait and see but thank you for your information.
I don't know if i'm not looking in the right spots or not, but where do you find the NXDN Upgrade?

NR0W

I have been hearing cloud county on North Central 7 PSAP I believe they're in the process of switching over to 800 also. Here about 4 months ago Ottawa county switched over 800 also law enforcement is encrypted with no plans to unencrypt fire is unencrypted paging is still on 453.300 for right now. I think cloud county went the same way Ottawa co when they had to narrow band they went to cheapest way to narrow band and that was on Kenwood now that they've got some money and stuff they are going. The county paid for their 800 stuff and the fire department's got grant money Minneapolis is also go to switch over here sooner or later.