Any issues monitoring MPSCS from Macomb County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotJeep

Hello all, new guy here from Shelby Township Macomb county. I see many of you are located pretty close. Small world. Quick question for you. I’m dreaming of using a 436HP as a mobile to monitor the MPSCS. Hoping to get Police and Fire dispatch for Shelby ,Utica, Sterling Heights, Warren, and Centerline. Does that sound reasonable ? Any problems or concerns ? Any simulcast issues ? Appreciate any advice.

:confused:

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
If you want a good radio to monitor the 436 is marginal, but better than the whistler and earlier models of Uniden. if you are going to spend the money for a 436 I would really recommend the Unication G4 or G5. I have the G4 and been using since March. Going to add the G5 and I'm going to sell my 436, 536 and my TRX2.
Programming is a bit more work, but well worth the time and investment.

CP285

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, new guy here from Shelby Township Macomb county. I see many of you are located pretty close. Small world. Quick question for you. I’m dreaming of using a 436HP as a mobile to monitor the MPSCS. Hoping to get Police and Fire dispatch for Shelby ,Utica, Sterling Heights, Warren, and Centerline. Does that sound reasonable ? Any problems or concerns ? Any simulcast issues ? Appreciate any advice.

Hey, was wondering if you got you mobile up and running with all macomb county frequencies??

GotJeep

So far so good with using the zip code programming to get started.
I'll have to dive in to fine tuning the settings soon.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

I live near 24 Mile & Romeo Plank Rd in Macomb Township, MI. and had good performance from a BCD436HP in my vehicle and a Remtronix/Radio Shack 800 MHz rubber ducky antenna when stationary, but not so much when on the move. I usally use it in the general area of Romeo Plank Rd to Van Dyke Rd, and 30 Mile Rd to Hall Road (M59). But listen to Gary's advice (fnnm400), regarding the Unication G4/G5. He's has years of experience and knows Macomb's Simulcast system very well.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
I live near 8 Mile and Harper, south of the Macomb County south simulcast tower. Unfortunately, the commercial tower in Brys Park, 8 Mile and I94 is causing interference on my HP2, rendering it useless to receive Serena broadcasts. Any idea who might make a scanner with better receive selectivity specs?

feta92

I live near 8 Mile and Harper, south of the Macomb County south simulcast tower. Unfortunately, the commercial tower in Brys Park, 8 Mile and I94 is causing interference on my HP2, rendering it useless to receive Serena broadcasts. Any idea who might make a scanner with better receive selectivity specs?

I recently picked up a Unication G4, it is amazing and locks on to the Macomb Co Simulcast system very well, as for your RF interference issue from Brys, I'll have to take it with me the next time I take the dogs to the park to see if I get an interference issues.

phillydjdan

+1 on the Unication pager. I have one and it sounds great out there. A friend of mine that lives in Macomb also has one and loves his as well. No dim displays, broken battery covers, sh**ty reception and interference from cell towers...

AZDon

Premium Subscriber

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a Unication G4, it is amazing and locks on to the Macomb Co Simulcast system very well, as for your RF interference issue from Brys, I'll have to take it with me the next time I take the dogs to the park to see if I get an interference issues.
Ok let me know how it works out. Thanks

feta92

Ok let me know how it works out. Thanks

So I was down over by Brys this morning with my G4. Ran a couple of tests off different towers to see if I could produce what you were experiencing. I also had my old Pro106 on hand, the G4 no issues with interference, on the Macomb System, the Detroit System and the Harper Woods/Grosse Pointe System. The Pro106 on the other hand had a lot modulation.

Depending on what you are going to be listening too I would say the Unication is the way to go.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
So I was down over by Brys this morning with my G4. Ran a couple of tests off different towers to see if I could produce what you were experiencing. I also had my old Pro106 on hand, the G4 no issues with interference, on the Macomb System, the Detroit System and the Harper Woods/Grosse Pointe System. The Pro106 on the other hand had a lot modulation.

Depending on what you are going to be listening too I would say the Unication is the way to go.

So the culprit is my HP2. Been out of town, will see if the filter corrects the problem. Oh by the way I can monitor Harper Woods, Detroit, and Wayne County systems just fine. My only issue is with the Macomb County simulcast system.

Seriously considering a SDS200.

feta92

So the culprit is my HP2. Been out of town, will see if the filter corrects the problem. Oh by the way I can monitor Harper Woods, Detroit, and Wayne County systems just fine. My only issue is with the Macomb County simulcast system.

Seriously considering a SDS200.

I had no issues with the Macomb Co System on my G4

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
A moment ago
New #7
I bought an SDS100 when it came out. Had pretty good results in Macomb County. Better than HP1. Curious how it compares to Unification models. May have to add another handheld to the collection.
If any South Macomb County guys want to meet for coffee and compare radios, Tim Horton’s could be a good meeting place

Phil. Flippus1@aol.com

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
A moment ago
New #7
I bought an SDS100 when it came out. Had pretty good results in Macomb County. Better than HP1. Curious how it compares to Unification models. May have to add another handheld to the collection.
If any South Macomb County guys want to meet for coffee and compare radios, Tim Horton’s could be a good meeting place

Phil. Flippus1@aol.com
Bought a bpf800n filter, it worked!

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Well I done did it. The itch was so bad I bought a Unication G5. Had it for 10 days took about 8 hours to get good at programming it. Works great in Macomb county. Just updated firmware on my SDS100 and ran them side by side. The Uniden kept pace with the G5. Put a Remtronics scanner antenna on G5 and it gave it an extra bar or more on the signal.I Like the G5. Fits my pocket and does the job.

Thanks guys for the input

Phil.
Flippus1@aol.com

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well I done did it. The itch was so bad I bought a Unication G5. Had it for 10 days took about 8 hours to get good at programming it. Works great in Macomb county. Just updated firmware on my SDS100 and ran them side by side. The Uniden kept pace with the G5. Put a Remtronics scanner antenna on G5 and it gave it an extra bar or more on the signal.I Like the G5. Fits my pocket and does the job.

Thanks guys for the input

Phil.
Flippus1@aol.com

Thank you four your input as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.