Any Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

I am in Elpaso County, I am receiving a talk group 4902, 4903 and 4914. I can not find a listing of who they are. If anyone knows please let me know.
What a hobby!

Thanks Much.
Al

Mick

TG 4902 sounds like it is used by Colorado Springs School District 11's maintenance or engineering departments. Today they responded to an issue about an open hatch on top of a building at Rampart High School. I will continue monitoring TG's 4903 & 4914 to learn who their users are.

USASA

Mick, Thank you. For some reason I do not receive any audio on these transmissions. I live out in Falcon, I do have a Diamond Discone antenna outside up about 30 feet feed with RG8U. I get every thing but that. I must not have it programed properly. I will have to look at that.

Thank you!
Al

Mick

TG 4903 sounds like it is used by Colorado Springs School District 11's Security Officers, or dispatch, and so far I hear them doing radio checks with dispatch being called "School Safe." This could be a two-way radio connection TG, allowing emergency services personnel and school officials to talk in real-time during any incident. I will continue monitoring and let you know what else is heard.

USASA

Hi All!

I might be missing something, but "Monument" in El Paso county is missing from the data base. Am I wrong, are these old eyes just not seeing it? The frequencies that I have on a old listing are 851.125, 851.6375a, 852.800a, 853.4125c, 853.775a. If I am wrong, please set me straight. I look for it under El Paso county in the list of county's. I have been wrong before.

Al
U.S.A.S.A.

wtp

it might be time for new coax.
if it is older than 5 years it should be changed, and if it is outside, definatly.
you also might want to change to a different one and look for less loss on that band.
even RG6 would do better.

USASA

Hi All!

Well here I go again. 4604 appears to be Colorado Springs Police, "ENC". Some of the units that I monitored last night were from Falcon Div., but that does not mean much. 4604 is not listed in the data base, or at least I could not find it. I will keep monitoring it and anyone who wants to help is more that welcome. It appears that El Paso county and Colorado springs may have a few new or not previously listed talk groups.

The coax is fine no problem there. I get full bars on the BCD536HP. I am out in Falcon in the county and I get all of the sites in the city even Pueblo and some stuff from Denver. So reception wise I am OK.

Thanks much!
Al
U.S.A.S.A.

USASA

Hi All!

ShyFlyer , There is a Monument in El Paso county and the frequencies that are listed are for the Monument in El Paso county. I receive local transmissions from that tower. In older data bases that Monument was listed as the El Paso County Monument Site. There may be a typo? And again I could be wrong, it has happened in the past. But it does need a look see. We need to keep it as accurate as we possible can. I think all would agree. It has been very good in the past, people have been fastidiously editing it and keeping it that way.
Not trying to be a picky or a pest just trying to help.

Al
U.S.A.S.A.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
In older data bases that Monument was listed as the El Paso County Monument Site. There may be a typo?
What ShyFlyer shared is mostly accurate as that site is located atop Monument Peak, although that is actually in Garfield County close to the county line with Rio Blanco County. The Monument Peak site was added to the database in 2007 and has not changed all that much other than being rebanded and an additional voice channel being added. It could probably be renamed and changed to the correct county for clarity. The Town of Monument does not have a site, although the new Swank site just outside Palmer Lake is nearby.

I am not quite sure why you would be receiving anything off that site if you have it programmed into your scanner. It shares one voice frequency with a site in El Paso County, but that should not cause a trunking receiver to track any of the sites in the area.

Last edited:

USASA

Hi All!

I think I know where this is coming from it is a old listing from a frequency book listing. It is still a bit strange. Like I posted "I could be wrong" it has happened before, I think.

Al
U.S.A.S.A.
Ears on!

Mick

Yesterday I logged and heard TG 4914 for the first time since your original post. Two guys had a very short conversation, their callsigns were 5W49 & 5W47, and their radio ID's were 420599 & 420600. I was unable to determine what department they are with. More later if I hear or log them again.

USASA

Mick, good! There must be some new talk groups issued here in El Pas county. I will keep my ear to the radio and see if I hear any more new ones. I am up all night, from about midnight to 11:00 am. That limits a lot of the day time working stuff. But the ears are on. Thanks for the help it is appreciated!

Alex
U.S.A.S.A.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
4604: Colorado Springs Police Department Investigations
4902: Academy District 20 Maintenance
4903: Unknown District SchoolSAFE
4914: Woodmoor Public Safety

4604 is used almost exclusively by the CSPD X units which I understand to be Investigations Division detectives. I do not think much else can be identified past beyond that.

The reason you might think you are not hearing 4902 all that much might be due to them bumping their radios push-to-talk button a lot when they are not transmitting anything.

4903 is a SchoolSAFE system. As Mick noted, it is one of the many ways that connects two different radio systems together. It is unclear if it is tied to a specific school district or if it is a countywide talkgroup used by all the districts.

4914 is the security force for Woodmoor Improvement Association, a homeowners association.

USASA

Spitfire8520, Thank you for your help. Every bit of information helps. I monitor, as I have said at night and not much from the school districts. They are most active in the day time when I sleep. When all of this can be verified it needs to be submitter into the data base.
Again Thank You all for the help. The bits, parts and peace's add up and fill in the big picture. Keep the ears on.

Al.
U.S.A.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.