Any live scanner feeds from the Chautauqua County area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbm

There sure must be some good scanner activity in that area.

Upstate SWAT teams join state police in Phillips manhunt
By BEN DOBBIN
Associated Press Writer
September 4, 2006, 6:05 PM EDT

FREDONIA, N.Y. -- SWAT teams from upstate New York cities have rallied to western New York, beefing up the manhunt for Ralph "Bucky" Phillips after the death of a trooper shot during the search, state police said Monday.

As police forces from Buffalo, Rochester and Jamestown joined troopers, authorities told hunters in rural and wooded Chautauqua County they are "interfering" with the search and face danger from Phillips and the police pursuing him, State Police Major Michael Manning said.

"They can certainly be mistaken for the wrong individual," Manning said of camouflaged hunters in the woods being scoured for Phillips, the prime suspect in Thursday's ambush of troopers Donald Baker Jr., 38, and Joseph Longobardo, 32, who died Sunday. Baker remained in serious condition Monday at Hamot Medical Center in Erie, Pa., police said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...ep04,0,5494995.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
I doubt he will ever see the inside of a cell, but I have no doubt that he will be found. Tensions are high among public safety members across the state. To the best of my knowledge ALL NYSP K-9 units are now in the western part of NYS. This whole thing goes back a long time, there are Native Americans in NYS that HATE the State Police, and that is where his help is coming from.

rbm

Sounds like the hunt is heating up.

Police Close in on Fugitive on FBI List
By CAROLYN THOMPSON
The Associated Press
CARROLL, N.Y. —
Authorities hunting for one of the nation's most wanted men claimed to have murder suspect Ralph "Bucky" Phillips surrounded in the woods near the Pennsylvania line Friday after opening fire on him and putting dogs on his trail.

Police said they did not know whether Phillips was wounded in the shooting, and there was no sign of blood at the scene.

But state police Superintendent Wayne Bennett said officials believed they had the escaped convict trapped in an area near Carroll, about 65 miles south of Buffalo. Authorities used helicopters, roadblocks and dogs to try to close the noose.

http://www.edmondsun.com/feeds/apco...ction/D8K0TUKO1.xml.txt/resources_apstoryview

dparana

I brought my scanner home after work and tuned in a bit before mowing the lawn (now I should have put that off). Probably the most interesting chatter was on a NY State Police Freq where helo OMAHA 41 was directing alot of the search on 154.665. I believe the helo was a U.S. Marshal bird. He would give out road names and tell groups where to start their push. K-9 units were used and at least once he requested a search unit to put up a flare to confirm their location. I heard some PA State Police helos on 155.460 which I have listed as a PSP TACTICAL Freq. The search was being conducted about 40 miles North of my location.

Ref rbm above...I picked up on the 154.665 freq (maybe not the same one you heard though) a bit after 8:00PM that "They Have The Individual In Custody..."

Unfortunately, I didn't hear much along the lines of ground based chatter between search units.

Note to above: According to a briefing that just ended, helos from the NY State Police, PA State Police, and U.S. Customs (the OMAHA bird) were involved.
Dave

Last edited:

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
They got him

He is in custody!!!!

dparana said:
I brought my scanner home after work and tuned in a bit before mowing the lawn (now I should have put that off). Probably the most interesting chatter was on a NY State Police Freq where helo OMAHA 41 was directing alot of the search on 154.665. I believe the helo was a U.S. Marshal bird. He would give out road names and tell groups where to start their push. K-9 units were used and at least once he requested a search unit to put up a flare to confirm their location. I heard some PA State Police helos on 155.460 which I have listed as a PSP TACTICAL Freq. The search was being conducted about 40 miles North of my location.

Ref rbm above...I picked up on the 154.665 freq (maybe not the same one you heard though) a bit after 8:00PM that "They Have The Individual In Custody..."

Unfortunately, I didn't hear much along the lines of ground based chatter between search units.

Note to above: According to a briefing that just ended, helos from the NY State Police, PA State Police, and U.S. Customs (the OMAHA bird) were involved.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.