Any Mac Audio Hijack users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I’ve used Nicecast for years to stream my feed on my Mac. I kept it going while staying on High Sierra until last night. After doing something unrelated to my streaming I rebooted my computer and after the reboot am now getting an error that Nicecast isn’t compatible with my version of MacOS (still on High Sierra).

I guess it’s time to pay to update to Audio Hijack. Anyone else using it and have any thoughts on it, tips for setting it up/streaming with it, or suggest any Mac alternatives to use to get my feed back up? I panic tried BUTT last night but couldn’t get it to work.

DC31

Feed Provider
Have you tried darkice (darkice.org)? They indicate it works on Mac. I use it on Linux.

Another option might be Mixxx (mixxx.org). Chapter 10 of their user manual addresses streaming an internet radio station.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Nice! Too tired to try any tonight before I fall into bed. But trying those three out will have to be my Monday night after work project.

I'm really going to miss Nicecast. For all it's quirks it worked with no issues for many many years and through transitions through multiple computers so of course it had to go away. :(

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Feed update. None of the three suggested worked but the suggestions were much appreciated. :(
I've been testing the trial version of Audio Hijack tonight and have been able to get that to work. It will only stream about 10-15 minutes before they degrade the stream quality and I'm still working out some bugs with the settings. But if I can get it to dial in and work consistently (tweak the audio levels and setting, I haven't figured out how to have it reconnect automatically upon the computer re-booting yet like Nicecast would, etc) I will probably end up buying the paid version over the next day or two to get the feed back up full time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.